Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO benefits of an onsite scrapbook type?

Options
  • 08-02-2014 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

I have an old .com site which is now on a 301 redirect to a same name .co.uk site.
    There are are a good many articles from other websites, online newspapers , trade press etc that refer to the OLD .com site.
    If it start a new page on the .new .co.uk site for this scrap/cuttings book, as there will be a ton of links
    Should I do it as a multi-post blog?
    One pager with just topics + links?
    Other suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I have set it up as a one pager on the blog/news section. The links to articles etc do not appear as hyperlinks on the page but if you highlight the web address and "right click" on it, it gives you the option to "open hyperlink", which will then bring you to the page.
    As the web addresses are not hyperlinks per se, does this mean they will be read by bots, and if so, will they be treated as link bombarding/stuffing (BAD?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

I just chased down that page of yours.....why are you doing it that way!? Can you no do links to the site that people can reach directly (no fight click)

<a href="http://www.full_link_here.com&quot; target="_blank">My story on Facebook</a>

C

Ha Ha C. The detectives live on! here! and your IP ends in 192.6

I am worried about the page/site being deemed by Google as spammy and getting slaps for link stuffing etc

No again, you've something to offer SME in your advice and therefore, I be more than happy to say that theses are perfectly legit. Look at any freelance jorno or creative - they always link back to their writing and/or creativity. Whether it be in the Longford leader or the London times - they talk themselves up by show casing their writing.

I pm'd

• Advertisement

I would like it to be recognised that we have just been the beneficiary of a very generous act of Random Kindness from blue4ever! One good dude!

Advertisement