Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any tips?

• 08-02-2014 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Changing the headset on my old bike, cannot for the life of me get part of the old one off the fork. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭bax4556

If its not pitted/worn (it actually looks ok ) leave it where it is to use with the new bearings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭letape

denbatt wrote: »
    Changing the headset on my old bike, cannot for the life of me get part of the old one off the fork. Any suggestions?

That's definitely a job I would leave to a bike shop. With the right tool it's straightforward and quick to remove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

If you have dissimilar metals you could apply some heat and give it a nudge with flat head screw driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

I grinded a flat spot on each side sprayed it with wd and turned it off with the vice grip. Only to discover the headset I bought is missing some pieces! Doh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

denbatt wrote: »
    I grinded a flat spot on each side sprayed it with wd and turned it off with the vice grip. Only to discover the headset I bought is missing some pieces! Doh!

Time to bring it to Michael :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Bought the headset back to the edge, it was missing a washer. Sorted now. Mods can close thread please.

Advertisement