Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal for 3 month old

Options
  • 08-02-2014 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

How many nappies a day should a 3 month old be doing? My young lad goes through minimum 10 but over 24 hours he could push up to 20.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

If you're concerned you should speak to the doctor.

Is it 10 poos?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Moldocabe

sullivlo wrote: »
    If you're concerned you should speak to the doctor.

Is it 10 poos?

No it's a normal amount of poo maybe 1 or 2 a day if even but his wee is a lot but it looks more like he hates being even slightly wet in the nappy which leads to is changing him a lot. He'd only have maybe 6 or 7 heavy wet nappy but he just won't tolerate any wet at all

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

My wife says if it's a cloth nappy then every 2 hours. Use that as a guide maybe, but change for a poo and otherwise every 2 hours max if the nappy is dry close it up again. 20 a day is way to much in my opinion.
    Anyway congratulations and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Moldocabe

pogcica wrote: »
    My wife says if it's a cloth nappy then every 2 hours. Use that as a guide maybe, but change for a poo and otherwise every 2 hours max if the nappy is dry close it up again. 20 a day is way to much in my opinion.
    Anyway congratulations and good luck.

Cheers, I don't think it's a health thing tho I just think I've possibly given him the habit of teaching him I'll change his nappy even if it's only a drop of wee. Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

We go through a lot of nappies too! My little guy is breastfed and he poos every time I feed him and then some! The community midwife said that was totally normal!

Like you - my baby hates sitting in his own wee - he gets really grumpy when he has a wet nappy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I have twins and don't go through 20 a day! I change them every time they feed, and maybe 2 or 3 times on top of that.

It could be a comfort thing? Does he cry when you change him or enjoy it? One of mine loves getting the nappy off and wriggling her legs around a bit! Happy as Larry when I take the nappy off, squeals like a banshee when I put a new one on. If you heard her you'd swear I was killing her!

Advertisement