Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on Diret Debits and IBAN

Options
  • 08-02-2014 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am a personal customer with a BOI and have a number of direct debits that go out every month.  However this month 2 direct debits have not gone out and I can only guess it's because the company in question have not converted my current account and sort code numbers over to the correct iban and ibic.  So I expect the letters any day advising me the debit was rejected by the bank and I will be subject to charges.  Can you advise if it's the customer (me) who has to make sure the company applying for the direct debit has converted my details correctly ?  My understanding is companies usually avail of a converson service and the only time the  customer should need to get involved is when providing said details for  new direct debit mandate.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Flaccus, 

Many thanks for your post. 

The individual companies will convert existing direct debits to the SEPA Direct Debit Scheme - no action is needed on your part in relation to this. Please note that with SEPA, the timings of payments may change throughout the day. This can affect credits as well as debits. You can find information on SEPA impacts and benefits here 

We would advise calling Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 / 00 353 1 4044000 and a rep will take a look at your account and offer assistance. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Hi,
    Thanks for the quick reply.  Trying to get through to BOI now.
    One of the ddebits went through, the other didn't and when I rang the company in question they said they have no way of updating their system with IBAN and IBIC info.  Looks like they won't be getting paid.

Advertisement