Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!! Poo on carpet

• 08-02-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

My dog has just had a poo explosion on the landing carpet upstairs. How do I clean it off? :( Will it ever come out - or should we look at replacing the carpet - the landing is tiny so shouldn't be that expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

If it is explosive you will need something to dry it up. We used to used ash for the fire (cold obviously) and then once it has absorbed the moisture, lift it with a shovel and then wash the patch on the carpet with I think we used to use vanish carpet cleaner.*
    You will have to go back over it with a non-bio to break down the smell for the dog later.

*This is from when I was a kid and one of the cats used to poo in my room and I'd clean it a not tell my mum so the cat wouldn't get in trouble!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

You could hire a carpet cleaner I think woodies and home base both do them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks guys. After posting I remembered I had a bottle of Rapid Response so used that loads of times then we went over it with vanish carpet foam. It hasn't dried yet so just looks like a damp patch. If it doesn't improve I'll probably try the rug doctor from woodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

When it dries and the stain is gone, to remove any lingering smells, put baking soda on it. Brush it in. Reapply baking soda again, do this a few times. Use a stiff brush. Then vacuum out all the baking soda. You could by some 'shake & vac' from tesco, sprinkle it on, brush that in too. Why do they always poo on a carpet or rug (never on the tiles/woodfloor?!?)

aonb wrote: »
    Why do they always poo on a carpet or rug (never on the tiles/woodfloor?!?)

EXACTLY!! He went from wooden floor out to the carpet!! And we got the carpet so they wouldn't slip going up and down the bare stairs - ungreatful dogs! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

A small amount of washing powder in a good bit of water and scrub hard.

The Rapid Response and Vanish did the trick - no stain at all! :)

Advertisement