Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile mechanic?

Options
  • 08-02-2014 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey. Got the alternator/battery warning in my car and the steering started going funny when driving home just now. I made it home but don't want to risk taking the car out again, so does anyone know of a decent mobile mechanic in Waterford?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Not mobile per se. But no harm asking could he visit you in your place.

Peter - 085 753 4640
    Blakes Lane Garage
    Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Joe Buckley, 0851798516

He was able to provide a complete diagnostic on my Audi on my drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 -toyota-

Its only the drive belt needs tightening , the alternator is not charging the battery by the loose belt and the power steering pulley is not being spun by the belt causing the heavy steering.

Not ideal to drive on (battery not charging) but if your garage within a few minutes away , then you can drive on

• Registered Users Posts: 13 paadyboyo

this could be the tensioner for the fan belt has failed or that the fan belt is not tight enough as mentioned above. what is the make and model? the fan belt in your car obviously runs the power steering pump and the alternator so could be a "strech" belt like on some fords. i am a mechanic in waterford and would be more than happy to have a look for you. sounds like an easy fix!:)

Advertisement