Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costs to renovate/modernise a 1,100 Sq. Foot House?

Options
  • 08-02-2014 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, I am looking at how much it would cost to renovate a 1,100 Sq. Foot house in Cork. It is an old style 3 bed bungalow with a single bathroom the following are the major works that would need to be done.
    • Re-wire.
    • Re-plumb (new bolier, water tank, bathroom suite, rads).
    • Remove suspended floors and replace with concrete (insulation in floor, DPC etc).
    • Redo flat roof and install a new skylight in the flat roof.
    • Replace front/back doors, replace 8 windows with new.
    • Insulate the attic.

Any ideas on costing would be good, a rough estimate I made would be between 60k to 70k, which would not include any kitchen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mrdocker

Any ideas on this?? Anything at all is appreciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

mrdocker wrote: »
    Hello, I am looking at how much it would cost to renovate a 1,100 Sq. Foot house in Cork. It is an old style 3 bed bungalow with a single bathroom the following are the major works that would need to be done.
    • Re-wire.
    • Re-plumb (new bolier, water tank, bathroom suite, rads).
    • Remove suspended floors and replace with concrete (insulation in floor, DPC etc).
    • Redo flat roof and install a new skylight in the flat roof.
    • Replace front/back doors, replace 8 windows with new.
    • Insulate the attic.
    Any ideas on costing would be good, a rough estimate I made would be between 60k to 70k, which would not include any kitchen.
    depending on condition & factoring in for the 'unknown unknowns' would dictate you leave say 20k as a contingency outside of any 'properly costed budget figure'

assuming a reasonable level of upgrade is required, your starting spend will be at least your estimated budget

Advertisement