Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steak in Waterford

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Well, people seem to be voting with their feet (and stomachs) in big numbers. Hard to argue with that really. They must be doing something right. While you are entitled to your opinion, I hate to see people knock these two lads. They are locals who have worked their way right up through the trade.

The food obviously appeals to the majority of Waterfordians (you will always get some people who prefer niche, sometimes quirky, food).

So good luck to them Long may they prosper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

Just had a steak in The Grattan by the bridge,by far the best in the City and very reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

7upfree wrote: »
    Well, people seem to be voting with their feet (and stomachs) in big numbers. Hard to argue with that really. They must be doing something right. While you are entitled to your opinion, I hate to see people knock these two lads. They are locals who have worked their way right up through the trade.

The food obviously appeals to the majority of Waterfordians (you will always get some people who prefer niche, sometimes quirky, food).

So good luck to them Long may they prosper.

Who is knocking them? I dont see anybody doing that, people are just giving their opinion. I also like Mclearys but I dont think its the best steak in Waterford. That for me is Sheehans, which used to be Kafe Karma on the quay- the steak there is divine and the service from the girls there is second to none. They dont tell you when you have to GO which is exactly what Mclearys do when you phone in to order i.e table for 4 at 6pm "you need to be gone by 8pm" - yeah, cheers :rolleyes:

By the way, X Factor is popular but that doesnt mean its quality. The best steak in Waterford is going to give mixed replies, you need to accept that.

Who is knocking them? I dont see anybody doing that, people are just giving their opinion. I also like Mclearys but I dont think its the best steak in Waterford. That for me is Sheehans, which used to be Kafe Karma on the quay- the steak there is divine and the service from the girls there is second to none. They dont tell you when you have to GO which is exactly what Mclearys do when you phone in to order i.e table for 4 at 6pm "you need to be gone by 8pm" - yeah, cheers :rolleyes:

By the way, X Factor is popular but that doesnt mean its quality. The best steak in Waterford is going to give mixed replies, you need to accept that.

No one will argue with that. But there seems sometimes to be a rush on message fora to knock the two lads. For whatever reason.

Good luck to them both. Great steak, great food, and great service. By local people.

If you don't like the way they operate then, as you say, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tobey

the funny this about this is the gratten, cafe karma, mc learlys, and laboheme all use the same steak from the same suppliers. pallas foods in limerick. so any flavour difference is all in your head or down to seasoning

• Advertisement

tobey wrote: »
    the funny this about this is the gratten, cafe karma, mc learlys, and laboheme all use the same steak from the same suppliers. pallas foods in limerick. so any flavour difference is all in your head or down to seasoning

There is also that little matter of how good the chef is...................................

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

There is nothing as tasty as a char-grilled steak, but not sure if any of the mentioned have the facilities to Char-grill?

It took me years to prefect cooking the perfect steak.
    Some nice black pepper and salt either side.
    S**t hot pan with a good amount of olive oil and blast for 2-3 minutes either side. Add a little butter for the last minute and bingo. Make sure to rest it for 4-5minutes. (Oh and a nice bottle of Bordeaux to wash it down).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Oil the steak, not the pan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I had steak in the Thai restaurant in Tramore recently and it was very nice,anybody tried it in Loko yet ?

Advertisement