Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with DCG?

• 08-02-2014 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi, I'm a little stuck here. I never done Technical Graphics for the Junior Cert and despite not picking it, I was placed in DCG for the leaving cert in 5th year. I was doing okay, but when things got to the likes of Solids in Contacts and Interpenetration, I was lost. The class moves ahead quite fast and my teacher just constantly tells me to check the book, I wouldn't mind but the books are useless and explain nothing.
    Is there anything online I could use to help me understand this stuff, because I really don't want to do bad in the subject and I'm good at the basic stuff and working with Solidworks and I kind of like it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

To be honest, the "Graphics in Design & Communication" books are not the best at explaining things. You either understand it or you don't. As for online resources, t4.ie is the best place if you need help. Everything you need should be under Students > DCG Resources.

If you're in 5th year, then you've got a good amount of time to get the hang of things. If you're in 6th, then your project will be a big boost in August results. If you apply logic to Section A, and try some of the Section B/C questions, you'll be fine (C grade and upwards). Assemblies in Section C make a showing every year, if you grasp that then it's a guaranteed question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AdjoaWadee

Hi everyone, i decided to post up some resources that can help you with DCG for leaving Cert. since I wont need them anymore. I did mine in 2013. I have the link to the files below. Let me know what u think :) Cheers! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6q45hs5lv49uz44/VF3hyzHuxh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

AdjoaWadee wrote: »
    Hi everyone, i decided to post up some resources that can help you with DCG for leaving Cert. since I wont need them anymore. I did mine in 2013. I have the link to the files below. Let me know what u think :) Cheers! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6q45hs5lv49uz44/VF3hyzHuxh

Anybody downloading this should remain caution at all time. Run anti-virus scan after download. Just don't want anybody getting their computers infected :)

Advertisement