Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help

Options
  • 08-02-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all, noob here with a noob question.

Is there a way to get service pack 3 for xp onto a dvd?

Support for xp is due to cease soon and some of my family are using xp for their business.

Sometimes I get called upon to reload the OS but it only leaves me with xp sp2

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I'll assume your basic question is you are looking for the standalone version rather than the online update installer. That's available here

Download and burn to cd, its under 350Mb,

You still might want to grab various other installs that might not be included, perhaps .Net up to v4 and other various xp specific requirements just in case they disappear off the download pages. MDAC, perhaps directx though think that's mostly in sp3, a few others I cant recall off the top of my head, maybe IE8, or one of the alternative browsers.

But long term look at Ubuntu or Mint as a better alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 robertstack

Thanks, exactly what i am after

Advertisement