Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weihrauch .22 LR

Options
  • 08-02-2014 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever had one ??

Or any dealer in ireland with them?

I'm looking for a high quality short barrelled 22lr ..

Shorter than the 16inch cz american.

'hdz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

I had a HW 66 in 22lr lovely gun with one of the best triggers iv ever used. It took my dealer about 3 to 4 months to get it in via McCloys in the north and they ordered it from Germany. Think they make them to order.
    It was an absolute tack driver on single feed BUT I had serious problems when using the magazine when using subs, the rounds were crimping when you tried to shove a round into the chamber. It would shave bits of the lead off the bullet. There was no problems with HV but that was no good to me. After doing some research found out that some guys in Oz were having the same problems with there HW 66 s. Long story short he sent back 2 guns and the same problem was happening. Got on to weihrauch and he was told to just use the HVs bullets which is a load of bull**** on weihrauchs behalf.

I deemed the gun unsafe to use because of the rounds crimping up. Brought it back to my dealer who sent it up to the gunsmith in McCloys he thought he could sort it out. He had it for 6 wks before sending it on to Scotland to try get it sorted. At that point I washed my hands of it and traded it in.
    They are a fine gun a little bit on the heavy side but some people like that. But a hunting gun that wont feed sub sonics safely is of no good to me.
    RH77

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

My vote gets the anchutz 1417
    They make a few flavors of them straight or thumbhole, left or right handed.
    zg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭philog

i have the weihrauch hw 60 j ..in .17 hmr with a 14 inch barrell..very very accurate gun ..and the best trigger ive ever used on any gun ..absolute class rifle ... i also have the anschutz in 1416 and a 1417 .22 lr with a 14 inch barrell ..lovely rifles aswell ,but trigger on the weihrauch beats them all hands down..

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭philog

your more than welcome to have a look anytime ..see for yourself ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mushdave

Hi lads sorry to butt in
    Im looking to buy a rifle for shooting rabbits and foxes I have a shotgun but I know very very little about rifles.

I had it in my head to get a .17
    what would be a good gun to start with id love a weihrauch but are hard to come bye.
    Dont want cheap have about 1000 euro to spend if it came with a scope.

• Advertisement
Advertisement