Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black fascinator

• 08-02-2014 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

I'll be attending a wedding in a few weeks. I'm wearing a black dress and was going to accessorise it with colourful bolero and bag. I have a really nice black floral fascinator to wear (got a lend of it). However, I have black hair, and I'm just wondering if black on black is just a bit pointless as it will be lost in my hair. Also, wondering if it's a bit toooo black for a wedding.

The fascinator does have some silver pieces through it, and the feather pieces are quite long. I'm just wondering if I should get a colourful fascinator instead? Although I would probably have to try and match the other accessories too.. Sigh.

TL:DR

Black fascinator on black hair with a black dress? Too much black?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Hi, sorry I'm not too much help but I'm also going to a wedding in a couple of weeks time-dark brownie/black hair, black shoes and black dress so I'm happy with it but just wondering where you got your fascinator?? I'm looking for a black one myself!

Sorry I just see it's a lend-do you know where from? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I got a lovely black fascinator in Costello and Costello last year for Cheltenham. The head piece bit is a round disc with a little net veil that goes over one eye. I thought it was very nice and sophisticated. It only cost around €45. I don't really wear them so I didn't want to spend a fortune. It came in quite a few colours, but I went for black to wear with a red dress. I've worn it since to a wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Elegant Flowers in Kimmage do lovely fascinators.
    https://www.facebook.com/ElegantFlowersDublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Hi, sorry I'm not too much help but I'm also going to a wedding in a couple of weeks time-dark brownie/black hair, black shoes and black dress so I'm happy with it but just wondering where you got your fascinator?? I'm looking for a black one myself!

Sorry I just see it's a lend-do you know where from? Thanks a mill

I got a lend, but I'm fairly sure my friend bought it on ebay last year! I was looking myself, and did spot a few black ones in various places such as Debenhams, Arnotts and M&S. There was nothing too special about them but they weren't too expensive either - 25+. M&S on Henry St. seemed to have quite a few designs to choose from!

Advertisement