Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what should i charge for child minding?

Options
  • 08-02-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hello, I am a 19 year old student and was recently asked to childmind for a family i currently babysit for. It would be for two days a week from 2 pm until 7pm in their own home. The two children are of school going age and I would be collecting them from school (which is in walking distance) and cooking dinner. I charge 8 euro an hour when babysitting and was just wondering if i should charge less for this new job? thank you very much for your time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Legally if you are working in their home, you should be getting minimum wage and paid holidays and they should pay employers PRSI.

But for 2 school going for 5 hours per day, I think €8 per hour is good if not a bit cheap,I think you could ask for €9 per hour easily.

The same hours in a creche would be about €40 per day for the 2kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Id round it up to 120 a week if i were you. Babysitting at night when they are in bed and tired is wildly different to cooking for them cleaning up after them and entertaining them as well as making sure they do their homework and all of that jazz.

Advertisement