Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows freezing on startup

Options
  • 08-02-2014 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

So I installed a new graphics card last week. Now when I log into windows the background goes white (taskbar stays) and I cant click anything. Does this for about 2 mins, then goes back to normal. Not sure if it is something to do with the graphics card or not. Here is my startup log from Ccleaner:
    Yes HKCU:Run DAEMON Tools Lite Disc Soft Ltd "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -autorun
    Yes HKCU:Run HydraVisionDesktopManager AMD "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\HydraVision\HydraDM.exe"
    No HKCU:Run Skype Skype Technologies S.A. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /minimized /regrun
    No HKCU:Run Steam Valve Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent
    Yes HKLM:Run Ad-Aware Antivirus "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad-Aware Antivirus\AdAwareLauncher" --windows-run
    Yes HKLM:Run Adobe ARM Adobe Systems Incorporated "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    No HKLM:Run AMD AVT Microsoft Corporation Cmd.exe /c start "AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding device initialization" /min "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD AVT\bin\kdbsync.exe" aml
    No HKLM:Run amd_dc_opt AMD C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\Dual-Core Optimizer\amd_dc_opt.exe
    Yes HKLM:Run APSDaemon Apple Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
    Yes HKLM:Run COMODO Internet Security COMODO C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cistray.exe
    Yes HKLM:Run iTunesHelper Apple Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    No HKLM:Run LifeCam Microsoft Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft LifeCam\LifeExp.exe"
    Yes HKLM:Run Mionix NAOS 3200 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mionix\NAOS 3200 LED-Optical Gaming Mouse\NAOS3200_Icon.EXE"
    Yes HKLM:Run mobilegeni daemon C:\Program Files (x86)\Mobogenie\DaemonProcess.exe
    Yes HKLM:Run NUSB3MON Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\AMDUSB3DeviceDetector\nusb3mon.exe"
    No HKLM:Run QuickTime Task Apple Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    Yes HKLM:Run RTHDVCPL Realtek Semiconductor C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe -s
    Yes HKLM:Run SDTray Safer-Networking Ltd. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDTray.exe"
    Yes HKLM:Run StartCCC Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\amd64\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
    Yes HKLM:Run SunJavaUpdateSched Oracle Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
    Yes HKLM:Run VX1000 Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\vVX1000.exe
    Yes Startup User Dropbox.lnk Dropbox, Inc. C:\Users\Gavin\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
    Yes Startup User Serviio.lnk C:\Program Files\Serviio\bin\ServiioConsole.exe

Any ideas? Anything out of place there?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Try updating the latest drivers for the graphics card.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Try updating the latest drivers for the graphics card.

Up to date already.

Go into BIOS and see if you can change your video card settings.

Go into BIOS and see if you can change your video card settings.

My card is set as the primary display adapter in BIOS.

Try msconfig, Start-accessories-run and type msconfig into the box, and system configuration utility will open up and try the selective startup options and see how you get on by loading different startup programs and try and find which one is interfering with your graphics card. it will be a long process and require you to shutdown and restart a few times.

Another thing you can try is to try and load the drivers for the card in safemode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

GO to bios ,
    disable the onboard graphics ,motherboard vga out ,
    if theres onboard vga on the motherboard .
    DID you remove the older graphics card driver ,
    when you installed the new card.

Ok, so after trying a bunch of stuff, even including uninstalling and reinstalling windows, this issue is still happening. Below is a video of what happens:

Really want to work out, what the hell this is as its really starting to annoy me.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

segasega wrote: »
    So I installed a new graphics card last week. Now when I log into windows the background goes white (taskbar stays) and I cant click anything. Does this for about 2 mins, then goes back to normal. Not sure if it is something to do with the graphics card or not. Here is my startup log from Ccleaner:

Any ideas? Anything out of place there?
    Cheers.
    Well first off, you have Ad-aware, Spybot and Comodo all launching on boot, along with a tonne of display related applications and random processes. I suggest you just leave Comodo (since its your AV) on and disable the other two. iTunes Helper isn't needed, nor is VX1000 (Microsoft LifeCam).

advertsfox wrote: »
    Well first off, you have Ad-aware, Spybot and Comodo all launching on boot, along with a tonne of display related applications and random processes. I suggest you just leave Comodo (since its your AV) on and disable the other two. iTunes Helper isn't needed, nor is VX1000 (Microsoft LifeCam).

Well I since reinstalled Windows and have turned off all the unneeded stuff.

Finally worked it out, seems it was HydraVisionDesktopManager for some reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement