Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS-Excel question (simple)

Options
  • 08-02-2014 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

The column for variable E (J column) uses the equation as shown in the top left of the Excel sheet.

This column uses different values of n from 1 - 10.

If I want to extend the 'n' column (column I) down to greater values past '10', I can drag on this and it creates greater values for n.

However if I want to lengthen the column for the variable E (column J) when I drag on it a VALUE! message is displayed.

Would anyone know why? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Smythe

I have this sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 59,603 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Two tips:

You should consider defining N using the OFFSET() function to allow it to dynamically expand and contract. In the Name manager, entering this formula should achieve that:

=OFFSET(Sheet4!$I$3,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet4!$I:$I)-1,1)

I'd also suggest that cell I4 in your example uses this formula: =I3+ISFORMULA(J4)

Advertisement