Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray dog in town, greyhound or cross. Anyone know owner?

Options
  • 08-02-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭

Does anyone own or know who owns this dog? First seen him about 2 nights ago walking up Bridge Street then just seen him again today on Georges street where he then went up through the tunnel past Subway towards the carpark/back of Argos. He's wearing a basic collar.

Is there a Waterford ISPCA facebook page or similar where I could share it too?

Going to head into town again tomorrow to see if I can see him with a lead and some food and bring him back to mine until someone comes forward and if not, just keep him myself. Poor little ****er, horrible weather coming up for him to be out in!

ysZVuR8.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭littlecat

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Does anyone own or know who owns this dog? First seen him about 2 nights ago walking up Bridge Street then just seen him again today on Georges street where he then went up through the tunnel past Subway towards the carpark/back of Argos. He's wearing a basic collar.

Is there a Waterford ISPCA facebook page or similar where I could share it too?

Going to head into town again tomorrow to see if I can see him with a lead and some food and bring him back to mine until someone comes forward and if not, just keep him myself. Poor little ****er, horrible weather coming up for him to be out in!

ysZVuR8.jpg

Ah you're very good! Try the following Facebook pages:
    Waterford SPCA
    Waterford Animal Welfare
    Deise Animal Sanctuary
    City Veterinary Hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

littlecat wrote: »
    Ah you're very good! Try the following Facebook pages:
    Waterford SPCA
    Waterford Animal Welfare
    Deise Animal Sanctuary
    City Veterinary Hospital

Thanks for the reply. I've liked and posted on them pages, just waiting on friend request to be accepted on Waterford SPCA one. I couldn't find the page for the Waterford Animal Rescue, do you have a link to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭littlecat

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I've liked and posted on them pages, just waiting on friend request to be accepted on Waterford SPCA one. I couldn't find the page for the Waterford Animal Rescue, do you have a link to it?

Here you go:

https://m.facebook.com/?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F&_rdr#!/groups/342823205981

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Well done MiskyBoyy, the world needs more people like you!

I was just on the way back from Aldi, The Glen and seen another, different greyhound style dog roaming around like a stray so I gave him the food I had bought for the original dog above. I noticed they both had pretty developed legs, hardly ex-racing dogs. They're hardly ex-racing dogs that have been abandoned after they've ran out of use are they? Heard of this type of thing before :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Saw this dog last night opposite the bus station and then crossed over to the car park. Rang Waterford Animal Welfare straight away and said he would take a drive down the quay to see if he could see him, I don't the outcome since

• Registered Users Posts: 34 marianneh79

Is the second greyhound dog a kind of brown colour, just after seeing one in the wit college, the Good Shepard campus. He was up around the car park off the entrance on bunkers hill. He seemed to be on his own and I saw him just as I was driving out and he went and hid behind some cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

The fella in the picture above was back in town today. Im not in town much and remembered the thread when i seen him. Does he have a home at all?

wobbles wrote: »
    The fella in the picture above was back in town today. Im not in town much and remembered the thread when i seen him. Does he have a home at all?

I think the travellers in the halting site own 3 of them that do be roaming around. Not certain but think so.

To be fair they don't seem to be starving anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Seen two of these dogs recently, the poor things. Hope someone claims them or you find a home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya I often see a dog similar to this walking around Templars Hall and up towards Tesco so I'd assume he's owned by the travellers there or something. Lovely dog but is very very shy! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I saw him in town yesterday in red asquare a woman behind me was phoning someone about him. I had actually thought he was hers at first because she was following him around, I was a bit nervous of him because he kept coming up to my daughter, thinking of it afterwards the poor thing was probably starving :(

Advertisement