Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on study tips!

Options
  • 08-02-2014 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hello guys,

I am trying to study for my mocks but I am finding it hard too. I get distracted too often when i'm studying and I don't get enough studying done because of it. My ADHD makes it very difficult and it causes me to get very distracted. I would be grateful if anyone has any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hitatree

Use sticky notes on your desktop to keep you on track.
    E.G.
    Get Irish Poem Learned by 8pm

I find this helps me a lot!
    Also I know you may feel a bit childish but go through a subject with someone else. E.G Parent/Guardian (Recommendation don't study with friends, you will just want to chat) Just read through a chapter or study a page and get the other person to test you on it.

Also mind your timing, I am halfways finished my mocks now and in English paper two I spent far too long on Section 1 (I wrote about 5 pages for it, I did far too much) meaning I had to rush the rest of the paper, giving quite bad answers and I didn't have enough time to answer a question worth 15 marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

hitatree wrote: »
    Use sticky notes on your desktop to keep you on track.
    E.G.
    Get Irish Poem Learned by 8pm

I find this helps me a lot!
    Also I know you may feel a bit childish but go through a subject with someone else. E.G Parent/Guardian (Recommendation don't study with friends, you will just want to chat) Just read through a chapter or study a page and get the other person to test you on it.

Also mind your timing, I am halfways finished my mocks now and in English paper two I spent far too long on Section 1 (I wrote about 5 pages for it, I did far too much) meaning I had to rush the rest of the paper, giving quite bad answers and I didn't have enough time to answer a question worth 15 marks.

Thanks alot for some advice. I also had similar issues in timing in English paper two aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

I get distracted and fed up during studying. I find it helps if you do yourself a time table at the weekends or set yourself goals during the week. Organisation really helps! At the weekend say you are going to do say History for an hour or whatever length works then take a thirty minute break. Do another subject for your set time. Take a half hour break. And keep doing that at the weekend. During the week if you say you are going to do Geography and Religion tonight and spend a half hour on each. But remember not to do too much at once as that will make you get fed up. Set yourself targets on what to study and take breaks in between! You should be sorted then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

I get distracted and fed up during studying. I find it helps if you do yourself a time table at the weekends or set yourself goals during the week. Organisation really helps! At the weekend say you are going to do say History for an hour or whatever length works then take a thirty minute break. Do another subject for your set time. Take a half hour break. And keep doing that at the weekend. During the week if you say you are going to do Geography and Religion tonight and spend a half hour on each. But remember not to do too much at once as that will make you get fed up. Set yourself targets on what to study and take breaks in between! You should be sorted then :D

thanks for the advice

Advertisement