Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone going for student paramedic with UK trusts

• 08-02-2014 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭

west midlands ambulance and east ambulance service are both in the process of recruiting at the moment. I was with the west midland ambulance service for the first stage of assessments yesterday. the staff running the assessments said there were quite a few Irish applying.

I wasn't the only Irish person in our group.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

I was with the west midland ambulance service for the first stage of assessments yesterday. the staff running the assessments said there were quite a few Irish applying.
    I wasn't the only Irish person in our group.

Are you applying from an Irish address or are you living in the UK?..just out of interest, I know a few guys that applied to LAS couple of years ago with Irish addresses and no response.

How did you get on with your assessment's by the way?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

19hz wrote: »
    Are you applying from an Irish address or are you living in the UK?..just out of interest, I know a few guys that applied to LAS couple of years ago with Irish addresses and no response.

How did you get on with your assessment's by the way?..

Irish address is cool. Know two Dublin lads that have gotten jobs with LAS in the last 6 months or so with irish addresses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

first off I passed all assessments :D it was a real eye opener as I got the results of the written assessments within 4 days and the results of the physical ,strength and flexibility, interview and driving assessment (that were all done on the same day) at the end of that day .

I am waiting for my start date probably sometime at the end of this year :)

as far as the Irish address is concerned yes I applied using one and a Irish drivers license as well seemed to be no problem. and last year I applied to the LAS for a similar position and got to the interview stage with a Irish address so I didn't encounter any problems thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

Congrats on passing man. Heard many had trouble with the driving assessment.

Did you do the written at the start of the month and the practicals this weekend?

Did they offer you preferences for courses?..If so was there an option of Birmingham at the end of April?
    I believe the rest are june, sept and oct/nov?..

Also, out of interest, did you apply for the HSE last summer?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

i did the written assessments on Friday the 7th and the physical,interview,driving on Sat the 15th. I wanted to get them out the way and figured that i wouldn't be able to improve my fitness much in a week.

the driving was ok for me. I took it steady (read slowish) and had a couple of marks. it is strange doing a assessment in a vehicle you have never before driven so perhaps that was the source of some peoples difficulties.

at the interview they asked me my preference regard start date and location.

I couldn't apply to the HSE last time around as my driving test for C category was on the Friday and the closing date for having the driving test done was the Thursday. (you couldn't make this stuff up I tell yea)

• Advertisement
Advertisement