Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

putting down lamenate floors

Options
  • 08-02-2014 9:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7

involves laying 36 sqr meters of lamanete flooring in total over two rooms , laying underlay and putting back skirting if the skirting is ok to put back

got quoted 475 euro cash which is less than 14 euro per sqr meter , guy has good references

I think its a pretty good deal

?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

so what are you asking 10 euro sq is about normal

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭vertico

Seems expensive, 1 days work for 2 men imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

It's not a big job laying laminate if your any way handy and are trying to save a few bob. A couple of Saturdays would do it if your in no panic. Done a sitting room and hall way myself over a few long evenings and I'm no carpenter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 pressure_valve

vertico wrote: »
    Seems expensive, 1 days work for 2 men imo.

they claimed it would take two days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 pressure_valve

Carpenter wrote: »
    so what are you asking 10 euro sq is about normal

didn't know that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭vertico

they claimed it would take two days

2 days for 1 man? That's over €200 per day,, good money for a cash job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Skirting? Planing of doors? Door slips? Or quadrant? I charge €10 a sq m for laminate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Expensive in my opinion, €150 per, reasonable size, room and wee extra for planed doors or bay windows/alot of corner detailing. That's what I charged when I was working

PS. 2 men = 1day max

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Cavanjack wrote: »
    It's not a big job laying laminate if your any way handy and are trying to save a few bob. A couple of Saturdays would do it if your in no panic. Done a sitting room and hall way myself over a few long evenings and I'm no carpenter.

If it's the quick click floors one Saturday would finish it.
    Hour and half prep work and 5 hours to fit it

Advertisement