Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SAMSUNG TAB 3 8 INCH FOR ONLY 155EURO

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Delivered this evening:p

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

Got a really good cover/stand inArgos for 30 yoyos. It's a Targus. Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Got mine this morning, brown, sealed and 16gb card inside. Love it so far.

Going to give my hd memopad to my niece and not look at anymore BA alerts for tablets for at least a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Mine arrived also, white with no sd card. Seal was broken but unit was unused and had the plastic protective cover in place. Setting it up now - came with an extra 50gb dropbox for 2 years, which is nice.

Thank OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Parcel Motel delivered mine at about 8:30 last night, I collected it a few hours ago.

I ordered the brown one and the box was sealed, and had a 16 GB micro sd with it. Had a fair amount of trouble getting it in though, but apart from that, tablet seems fine.

Thanks again OP! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

From reading on hukd it seems the box opening thing is cos all boxes show the white version and retailers have to open to see if it's brown or white

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

From reading on hukd it seems the box opening thing is cos all boxes show the white version and retailers have to open to see if it's brown or white

That's a bit strange, my box had a picture of the brown one, and also had the colour printed on it.

Must be a load of bollocks then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

Got an ASDA dispatch mail today ... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

If you're looking for a child proof cover for the 8", I got this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EMMGAWY/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics - and it's very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Got my dispatch email also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Get In There

Berberis wrote: »
    The brown one is back in stock again

Thanks a million for alerting us, I thought I missed out! Have just placed an order for one now, fingers crossed it won't be cancelled!

Once again, thanks... You're a star!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

is this a good deal better than the Nook HD+ then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Berberis

Got a dispatch email yesterday for the brown Tablet I ordered Thursday evening. The white one that came on Thursday I sold on to my daughter, who is well pleased with it. Hopefully my one comes as quick as the white one.
    For anyone yet to buy a case/cover for their tablet, I ordered two of these from Amazon and arranged delivery through parcel motel. Ordinary delivery was going to cost over £19:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭banchang

cs5 wrote: »
    Got a really good cover/stand inArgos for 30 yoyos. It's a Targus. Would recommend.

Not spending 30 on a tablet which cost 155....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Seems like john lewis are now price matching asda and giving a 50 pounds voucher to spend with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

Stupid question but is the 8 inch able to fit in your pocket!?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

Depends how big your pocket is. Certainly doesn't fit my jacket pocket. 8" is quite large don't you know? ;)

j4vier wrote: »
    Seems like john lewis are now price matching asda and giving a 50 pounds voucher to spend with them

Price matching them at 199 quid aye...but u get 70quid off the price with asda. So it's a better deal with them really.

Price matching them at 199 quid aye...but u get 70quid off the price with asda. So it's a better deal with them really.

No they are price matching them at 129 I read, and you get an extra 50 pounds voucher to spend at john lewis on top

• Advertisement

No they are price matching them at 129 I read, and you get an extra 50 pounds voucher to spend at john lewis on top

Where did u read this then? Link?

On website is 199...

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/john-lewis-price-match-samsung-tab3-8-16gb-for-129-00-plus-50-voucher-for-john-lewis-1828401?mforwarded=true

John lewis never lowers the price to match the competitors

Its up to you to do the research, contact them and ask them to price match

For some people it worked

Just got mine, before i turn it on, did ye charge it fully first before use or run down whatever battery it has on it like a phone? manual says if its first time starting it then charge it i think??
    mine had 1 seal broken and 1 not, brown, sd included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭mcw92

• Registered Users Posts: 19 glanboy

Why can't Argos or pc world in Ireland offer the same 50 gift card

glanboy wrote: »

Because there is more gullible customers in Ireland

• Advertisement

glanboy wrote: »

Argos are offering 50euro vouchershere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

I got mine today black/brown(hard to tell) one. Fully sealed and including memory card. €170 including parcel motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Is this a phone or just for the internet, if it's a phone will it work with the tescos mobile,thanks

Is this a phone or just for the internet, if it's a phone will it work with the tescos mobile,thanks

It's a Tablet..........no phone functionality.

It would be some phone at 8"......

TheDriver wrote: »
    It would be some phone at 8"......

Bit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF65ONDupaA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Order one last Friday, it arrived in local Parcel Motel yesterday and collected it this morning. 16gb card included and in white as requested. Very pleased. Many thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

Mine came with an extra 16gb card too ... excellent tablet - X 1000 better than the 7"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

How does this compare to the LG G PAD 50£ More?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Berberis

Collected the brown one, which I ordered last week from parcel motel today. seals on both ends of box were opened and there was a memory card enclosed in box.
    The first one that I got was white and the seals were intact on that one and no card enclosed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Just collected my SAMSUNG TAB 3 8 INCH from parcel motel.
    First impressions are very good. Beautiful design and 8 inch is perfect screen size.
    Not as good as Ipad mini retina (son has one) and not as sharp as Nexus 2013(my one) but for an 8 inch tablet at 155euro its a bargain. Also bought 32Gb Samsung class 10 sd card from amazon so now will have 48Gb of memory.
    Thats 175 euro total compared to 489euro for retina mini 32Gb.
    Delighted. Its a valentines/birthday present for the wife.
    Have to decide on case.
    Have it down to either of these from amazon.
    Forefront
    Samrick or Moko

Received the Forefront case yesterday. Ordered from Forefront through Amazon.
    The shipping was expensive at £4.90 but case was only £7.99.
    Comes with pen.
    Very good quality case and a perfect fit. Wife is delighted with it.
    Would recommend. I have seen other cases and this is v good value.
    Some recommended rotating cases but my girls have them on their tablets and they make them very bulky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Just ordered a tab there, cheers op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Picked mine up from pm yesterday, brown 1, sealed box, thanks op!
    It also had a free memory card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Lads,

Did your name and PM ID show up on the delivery address in the email you were sent?

My confirmation mail have TO: PMID at the top and down below

Devilery address is just the Parcel motel address? When I log into Asda they only have the parcel motel address no sign of the PMID anywhere.

I had PMID in as first name and Full name in as last name.

I had PM as the address 1 and 1a Kinney....as next line. Arrived fine.

mine arrived with 16gb microsd, seal was still on the backing sticker in the box yet to be applied......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Anyone get the John Lewis deal £129 with £50 voucher??Is it still available??Would defo be interested in that deal.

Secondly,my old cheap chinese tablet is on its way out,it served me well especially for streaming movies to my TV via hdmi.So,whats this Tab like?Is it worth the money and is it good for streaming movies/sport to TV?Thanks

You can stream to the TV with either a slimport cable or a miracast wireless device. Both mirror the screen on the tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

CinSoots wrote: »
    You can stream to the TV with either a slimport cable or a miracast wireless device. Both mirror the screen on the tablet.

Is there a hdmi port on it?

Nope

but you can get a micro usb to vga and presumably hdmi on ebay

• Advertisement
Advertisement