Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 WSM

Options
  • 08-02-2014 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Any one own a 17WSM.Just wondering whats the price of ammo is like and prices of guns the calibre is new enough isnt it.Much better than the 17HMR? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I doubt anyone is going to be seeing them here for quite some time yet.
    If i were getting one it would have to be the volquartsen semi sweet looking rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Yeah unfortunately and price of ammo will be more than the hmr i guess.

Savage do nice rifles in 17WSM

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snakezilla

Was clay shooting last weekend and there was a conversation going on in the clubhouse and I overheard a lad that supposedly knows a lad who is or who has got one built here. I asked a dealer about the calibre just before Christmas and he looked at me as if I had 10 heads :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

That was probably the .17 hornet the .17wsm requires a new action and bolt face also obviously. unless they were to use a short action but i doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I was interested when I heard about it but be expecting it to be 2015 or 2016 before we see it here.

Ammo shouldn't be too expensive, to be successful it would have to be cheaper than the hornet, and the cases are already pre made for nail guns so it shouldnt be much more than the hmr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Selling at 14.99 usd at midway USA per 50 rounds!

500 for 134.99 usd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

1shot16 wrote: »
    Selling at 14.99 usd at midway USA per 50 rounds!

500 for 134.99 usd

Only when in stock. The biggest problem seems to be a shortage of ammo in the shops with lads getting rifles and not been able to get enough rounds for them. A lot of griping going on the American forms mainly blaming Winchester for not producing enough rounds and not letting any other manufacturer make them under license

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭nedcbr6

1shot16 wrote: »
    Yeah unfortunately and price of ammo will be more than the hmr i guess.

Savage do nice rifles in 17WSM

Any idea when will it be released in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

Gorman700 wrote: »

Cheerz for the link
    Got me mor interested like to get my hand on one with a heavier barrel and a thumb hold stock
    Cheerz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

nedcbr6 wrote: »
    Gorman700 wrote: »

Cheerz for the link
    Got me mor interested like to get my hand on one with a heavier barrel and a thumb hold stock
    Cheerz

I'll say 2017/2018.. The .17 Hornet never took off here yet and thats released a long time now. the WSM isnt on the market yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

been following the wsm on rimfire central with the hope of purchasing

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=271

if you have a read of a few threads you will see that typical 100 yards groups are between 1.5 and 4 inches .

the new heavy stainless barrelled version seems better but who wants a big heavy rimfire ?

a shame really as the cartridge specs/pricing would make it a success but the quality of ammo and savage rifle is making it a complete no go at the moment

garv123 wrote: »
    nedcbr6 wrote: »

I'll say 2017/2018.. The .17 Hornet never took off here yet and thats released a long time now. the WSM isnt on the market yet.

Pity hope they get there act together soon looks to be a savage gun and not as expensive as a centrefire for ammo can have a bit of fun with it

gearoidol wrote: »
    been following the wsm on rimfire central with the hope of purchasing

if you have a read of a few threads you will see that typical 100 yards groups are between 1.5 and 4 inches .

the new heavy stainless barrelled version seems better but who wants a big heavy rimfire ?

a shame really as the cartridge specs/pricing would make it a success but the quality of ammo and savage rifle is making it a complete no go at the moment

Ya have read the reports some V good some bad the ammo seem to have the right idea hopeful a few more big name in the gun makers might start to take interest fingers cross
    Cheerz

Advertisement