Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling House Contents- Melbourne

Options
  • 08-02-2014 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

any advice on selling the majority of the contents of our house in Melbourne? Moving home to Ireland and cannot bring the large furniture with us. Any websites apart from gumtree to advertise it on? Might suit Irish arriving etc so if there is a website for this kinda thing that would be great

Also if anyone knows any cheap couriers to send stuff back to Ireland , that would be great too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

66dunaras wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

any advice on selling the majority of the contents of our house in Melbourne? Moving home to Ireland and cannot bring the large furniture with us. Any websites apart from gumtree to advertise it on? Might suit Irish arriving etc so if there is a website for this kinda thing that would be great

Also if anyone knows any cheap couriers to send stuff back to Ireland , that would be great too!

Gumtree and garage sales seem to be the two most common ways. Stick a few notices on poles around the area giving people a heads up.

Also if there is anything you can't sell, the Salvation Army gladly accept furniture donations and will come and pick up if you give them enough notice. Good to know for the last of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

You selling any bicycles? Myself and my friend are on the lookout at the minute

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

put flyers on lampposts around the area have 2 day garage sale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

eBay is a great way to just get rid of everything - 99p starts and go - you won't be able to negotiate or get the best pricing though. I sold most of our stuff through Gumtree when we moved to Sydney though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

What type of bikes are you looking for? I might be selling a decent road bike as running out of storage space, I have 4 now but really should get down to one commuter and one pub bike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭66dunaras

I was but they are sold- wish everything else was as popular :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

jackbhoy wrote: »
    What type of bikes are you looking for? I might be selling a decent road bike as running out of storage space, I have 4 now but really should get down to one commuter and one pub bike!

Hopefully trying to get myself one of those cruiser bikes, I don't need anything that's tour de france standard. Just something cheap and cheerful though, don't plan to spend any more than $150 on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Hopefully trying to get myself one of those cruiser bikes, I don't need anything that's tour de france standard. Just something cheap and cheerful though, don't plan to spend any more than $150 on one.

Ah, Ebay is your friend so!

I bought a bike on Ebay for $17 3 years ago, rode it all over without spending a penny on repairs since, only gave it away a few weeks ago.

Advertisement