Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best US State

Options
  • 08-02-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

Your favourite place in the US?

I'm a desert man, me. So I'm pretty happy in any of the Southwest States - Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona.

What's your favourite US State?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

When they're not at war

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Never been

Florida looks great though

Actually I'd have California ahead

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The Master wrote: »
    When they're not at war

So pre 1941 then?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

So pre 1941 then?

Pre 1776 preferably

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Califcukinfornia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Pre 1776 preferably

Big fan of Colonialism were you?

MadsL wrote: »
    Big fan of Colonialism were you?

No

America for native Americans etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

At peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Only been to 3 states in the US and I really liked them all for different reasons: New York, Louisiana and North Carolina.

• Advertisement

No

America for native Americans etc...

The tribes or the Anasazi? The tribes are not "native" to the Americas, coming to the Americas about 12,000 years ago and the Anasazi are all dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

California has it all.

Loved Arizona too. And Utah. Eye popping, with a healthy dose of crazy people.

The tribes or the Anasazi? The tribes are not "native" to the Americas, coming to the Americas about 12,000 years ago and the Anasazi are all dead.

The folks who were there before the pale skin land grabbers arrived

Pre 1776 preferably

When the Spanish, French and British were killing each other and the tribes?

When the Spanish, French and British were killing each other and the tribes?

Earlier, before Europe raped it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

I've just been to New England - visited Mass. (including Boston - wonderful city), Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut and New York state.

Fascinating. Love that witch trials, Pilgrim fathers sh1t.

I find the Appalachians and Deep South fascinating to read about; don't know about actually going there though.

Hell, most of America is fascinating to read about IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Having being to all the mainland states, I find it hard to pick one as my favourite.

But the drive from San Diego, all up the Western Coast to Alaska was undoubtedly the most pleasant journey I've ever been on. Breathtaking scenery

I've just been to New England - visited Mass. (including Boston - wonderful city), Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut and New York state.

Fascinating. Love that witch trials, Pilgrim fathers sh1t.

I find the Appalachians and Deep South fascinating to read about; don't know about actually going there though.

Hell, most of America is fascinating to read about IMO.

Blue Ridge mountains are spectacular
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3c/Rainy_Blue_Ridge-27527.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Wyoming.

It's got the least amount of Americans in it.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Oregon and Washington State are both wonderful places to visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Kerryfootball

Northern California & Colorado.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Focking luv Jersey.
    How you doin' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Your favourite place in the US?

I'm a desert man, me. So I'm pretty happy in any of the Southwest States - Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona.

What's your favourite US State?

Definitely avoiding these so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There isn't exactly I state I have disliked. Some are more boring than others, like FL and GA. FL has theme parks and beaches but like, meh. GA has Savannah which is cool, FL has St Augustine which along the same lines is also cool. WA and OR have fcuking beautiful mountain landscapes, ME was the best vacation I ever went on, and the most extended 'moment of zen' I have ever sat through, especially in one of those quaint hillside villages sipping on hot apple cider on a cobblestone path just breathing in the chill ocean air and loca flora. Hard to describe without sounding silly, but it was awesome.

South Carolina has a lot to like. If you want something say, American, but not 'MERIKA, and you want to be reminded of home a little (ie. Ireland), than upstate is where to go (though moonshine is prevalent, but that's okie dokie). I'm going to Clemson University and the landscape and climate just screams Ireland. Mountains are a 45 minute drive if you want to hike up a waterfall, the lake is 5 minutes walk from here, its great. Or, there is always Charleston, if you want your old colonial city kick, its one of the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Kentucky y'all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Alaska. Something cool about it being so remote and so vast. Some cool bars in anchorage. Would love to go back and spend more time there

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

Moved to a more appropriate forum. Please observe the charter in affect now.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Minnesota is an amazing spot. Spent a fair bit of time in the north east too (particularly Connecticut). The pace of life in the mid-west is far more laid back and there's some amazing country there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Florida. All about the beaches baby. And there are loads that the tourists don't know about. Anyone who thinks that Florida is only about theme parks and outlets shopping is seriously misinformed.

Then Louisiana, California and Maine. I'd murder a hurricane, a margarita and a lobster roll right now. :)

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Florida. All about the beaches baby. And there are loads that the tourists don't know about. Anyone who thinks that Florida is only about theme parks and outlets shopping is seriously misinformed.

Then Louisiana, California and Maine. I'd murder a hurricane, a margarita and a lobster roll right now. :)

Actual drink?

Or eating a lobster roll and sipping a margarita during a hurricane.

Advertisement