Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RECORDING CALLS ON IPHONE 4S

• 08-02-2014 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have been doing some research on apps that allow you to record a call while on an iPhone.

I understand that google voice is meant to be one of the better ones but it doesn't allow you to record out going calls.

TapeACall pro does allow you to record both incoming AND outgoing calls but I have read that its not covert - it seemingly beeps 3 times before you speak thus alerting whoever you are speaking to that they are being recorded.

I am looking for an 'all in' service. So I want to pay up front for the complete package rather than pay storage for individual calls.

TapeACall pro seemed to be the answer but its lack of discreetness is a major turn off.

Maybe I should have put this in a more general thread rather than just Apple but as I have an iPhone.........

Looking forward to any suggestions guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

If you want to use the recording for any legal reason you have to notify the other person anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I think there are some jailbreak apps for this but as the previous poster said, it's not legal unless you inform the other party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Informing the other person is only relevant in states or countries where it is illegal not to inform them when you are calling them.

You don't have to inform anybody if you are receiving a call.

So no recommendations on specific apps ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

There's a couple of apps that divert you to a paid online service that record calls but they're unreliable and costly IMO. If you need to regularly record phone calls (I do) get yourself a good digital dictaphone and a pick-up microphone like the one in the link below. Pricey, but great quality recordings and it won't let you down.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-TP-8-Telephone-Pick-Microphone/dp/B007OXMHDE/ref=pd_sim_ce_5

jakdublin wrote: »
    There's a couple of apps that divert you to a paid online service that record calls but they're unreliable and costly IMO. If you need to regularly record phone calls (I do) get yourself a good digital dictaphone and a pick-up microphone like the one in the link below. Pricey, but great quality recordings and it won't let you down.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-TP-8-Telephone-Pick-Microphone/dp/B007OXMHDE/ref=pd_sim_ce_5

Thanks for the advice but I really want the freedom to record anytime on the go.

I agree that your way is perfect if you're stationary and calls are organised.

• Advertisement

Not a hope in doing it unless the phone is jail broken. Any of the other ways to record calls usually dial an international or premium rate number.

tomaussie wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice but I really want the freedom to record anytime on the go.

I agree that your way is perfect if you're stationary and calls are organised.

Yeah, me too but I've done a fair bit of research on it and I don't think there's a workable alternative. Shame, it really would be a Godsend for me. Hope somebody comes up with one.

I think I've found a covert option but looks like it's for iphone 5 that's jail broken and may work on the iphone 4s.

I'll post back tomorrow. Hate the idea of jail breaking my phone. Never done it before and I've heard it can be a real pain.

Don't listen to all you hear. You literally need to download a program on a PC and with the phone connected press a button 2 or 3 times. How can that be hard?

guil wrote: »
    Don't listen to all you hear. You literally need to download a program on a PC and with the phone connected press a button 2 or 3 times. How can that be hard?

Pretty hard when I'm sitting in a restaurant or on the train.

• Advertisement

Then that's tough for you.

guil wrote: »

Fairly hard if you don't know what program or which button. Care to share?

tomaussie wrote: »
    I think I've found a covert option but looks like it's for iphone 5 that's jail broken and may work on the iphone 4s.

I'll post back tomorrow. Hate the idea of jail breaking my phone. Never done it before and I've heard it can be a real pain.

Sorry I forgot to post back.

Here is the video but you need a 4s or above,for example, iphone5.

http://youtu.be/Crysy7zJ5B8

jakdublin wrote: »
    Fairly hard if you don't know what program or which button. Care to share?

Ah will ya stop. Googling jailbreak iPhone gives loads of results pointing to evasion. Download that and click jailbreak. How much more easier do you want it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

The Audio Recorder app works fine on my jailbroken 4s runnng ios 6.1.1, but will only record calls if you turn on the loudspeaker. No beeping in the background either so the other person is none the wiser. It records directly to the iphone so doesn't use a 3rd party service. Think i read that on a 5s it will work off the microphone.

Advertisement