Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I freeze no bake cheesecake?

• 08-02-2014 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Made a basic cheese cake (full fat yogurt and mascarpone), have them setting in the fridge. It's a no bake one. They're in individual ramekins. Can I freeze them as is in the ramekins? Do I just put a few layers of cling film over them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

I'd imagine that would do fine for a short while anyway. Haven't ever had a chance to freeze cheesecake but if you think about store-bought cheesecakes, they're very often in the freezer cabinet so I can't imagine why it wouldn't work for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I've frozen philly and mascarpone ones before. They kind of suffer after more than a month though, texture gets a bit... dunno, crumby or something so I'd recommend no longer than that! Perfect otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If you're happy to keep them in the ramekins, I would recommend putting them in uncovered, waiting a few hours til they are frozen and then wrap them in cling film. Therefore the top surface should remain unaffected by being covered.

I use a similar thing when freezing quarters of cheesecake. I place it on top of a piece of tin foil and freeze it. Once it is solid, I wrap the tin foil around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Sorry to drag up an old thread. My mum wants me to make a strawberry cheesecake for her Christmas dinner. I won't be about to bring her a fresh one, on the day. Was thinking of making her cheesecake this weekend and freezing for her.
    Just wondering first of all do I have to wait until it has set in the fridge before putting in the freezer? And when I am putting it in the freezer do I take it out of the tin or leave it in the springform tin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭phormium

You don't have to wait for it to set, pop it straight into the freezer in the tin when you make it. When you take it out to thaw take the tin off while still frozen, warm cloth around the outside or blow torch thingy if you have one, even a hairdryer works fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement