Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter

Options
  • 09-02-2014 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Anyone know what the story is with chopper flying around the east of city tonight is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

emt16 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with chopper flying around the east of city tonight is

Yeah circling tesco-woodquay area shining a spotlight around, there's also a Garda checkpoint in tesco, wonder if they're related?

Been flying in circles for about 15 minutes now.

Rally weekend - I live nearby and it sounded like there was trouble last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Phew. I thought they were circling Lough Atalia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭johnsds

Twas the Garda Air Support Unit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The helicopter was also hovering above eyre square area around 1600

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Jaysus ye are a crowd of ghouls on this forum, everytime there is a helicopter in the air, ye are out for blood!

:pac::D;):p:):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No, more a sense of dread. As in "oh no, who is it this time".

At one stage a while ago, Mr O'B knew 2-3 in a row :-(

The choper sound is the city-living noise i hate the most, and the one i totally didn't predict when i moved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

It's based in the barracks in Renmore.
    It was out this morning and headed back in there a while ago.
    Keeping an eye on the boy racers I suppose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

No, more a sense of dread. As in "oh no, who is it this time".

At one stage a while ago, Mr O'B knew 2-3 in a row :-(

The choper sound is the city-living noise i hate the most, and the one i totally didn't predict when i moved in.

I'll agree with Mrs. O'B here, i can't hear the sound of a chopper hovering around the city without a brief moment of fear.. I'm glad they are there, don't get me wrong, but associated memories are rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

I don't know, whenever I see these helicopter threads I get a strong sense that you people are more "excited" than in "fear". Maybe I am wrong but I perceive it as ghoulish behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Red Pepper wrote: »
    I don't know, whenever I see these helicopter threads I get a strong sense that you people are more "excited" than in "fear". Maybe I am wrong but I perceive it as ghoulish behaviour.

I think mostly it's fairly innocent curiosity, but there will always be the odd 'vulture' type about. I think once no one says anything they can't substantiate it's fairly ok..

(I am perhaps somewhat naive here)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Buzzing around ruining my Sunday afternoon peace :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

snubbleste wrote: »
    Buzzing around ruining my Sunday afternoon peace :mad:
    Are ya sure that's not the boy racers?

Advertisement