Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line broken

Options
  • 09-02-2014 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

I know nothing about these things but tonight my phone is not working, broadband is fine.

The internal wires /cable which come up from along the door/under the floorboards are exposed and messy, and I see the blue line/wire with the white stripe is broken in half. Is this the reason phone is dead? And is it possible to rejoin the blue and white wire. I hope you can follow as Im finding it difficult to explain. Could anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

If it worked before, and you're in the South East area, it could be you're affected by this outage: http://pressroom.eircom.net/press_releases/article/eircom_Outage/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Thanks but not in that area and broadband is ok.

Ive figured out almost definitely I need to rejoin the broken blue and white wire - Ive tried twisting the inside wire parts together but phone still not working. Is there a connector thing I could get to join the broken wire or is there a certain way you should twist them back together? Oh dear any help so gratefully received lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

maggiepip wrote: »
    Thanks but not in that area and broadband is ok.  

Ive figured out almost definitely I need to rejoin the broken blue and white wire - Ive tried twisting the inside wire parts together but phone still not working.  Is there a connector thing I could get to join the broken wire or is there a certain way you should twist them back together?  Oh dear any help so gratefully received lol!
    Hi maggiepip
    is this broken wire coming out from the main eircom phone socket ( ie normally close to front door) or is it an extension cable. If you PM me your line number i Can do a line test for you.
    Tony

Hi maggiepip
    is this broken wire coming out from the main eircom phone socket ( ie normally close to front door) or is it an extension cable. If you PM me your line number i Can do a line test for you.
    Tony

Its coming out from the cable that follows into the main phone socket - the cable is broken about a foot from where they connect to the main socket exposing the wires and only the blue and white one is snapped. Will I pm my phone number for a line test then? Thing is when you phone the home number it sounds like its ringing etc but its not ringing in the house, nor is there any dial tone.

Hi maggiepip
    Tony

Its coming out from the cable that follows into the main phone socket - the cable is broken about a foot from where they connect to the main socket exposing the wires and only the blue and white one is snapped. Will I pm my phone number for a line test then? Thing is when you phone the home number it sounds like its ringing etc but its not ringing in the house, nor is there any dial tone.

• Advertisement

Apologies for triple posting!!!!! Oh dear my mobile did that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

maggiepip wrote: »
    Apologies for triple posting!!!!! Oh dear my mobile did that!
    No Problem maggiepip
    I have replied to your PM now.
    Tony

Advertisement