Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

which bike to buy?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭lmpulse

Have you even done IBT yet?
    not yet, i'm doing the theory on the 24th, from there ill start with the IBT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I said it at the start, and one last time I'll say it. Wait til after you do IBT to look at bikes. Do IBT on the school bike so if you either don't like it, or you fall, it's not your expense. You'd have to cover the excess on the fallen bike if there was real damage, but it's better than taking your own bike. Then when you know what you are doing, go look at bikes, inexpensive bikes.

I said it at the start, and one last time I'll say it. Wait til after you do IBT to look at bikes. Do IBT on the school bike so if you either don't like it, or you fall, it's not your expense. You'd have to cover the excess on the fallen bike if there was real damage, but it's better than taking your own bike. Then when you know what you are doing, go look at bikes, inexpensive bikes.

i was gunna wait till i get my provisional really, just looking at my choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Just to make sure you know, you'll have to get your learner permit before you do your IBT.

Just to make sure you know, you'll have to get your learner permit before you do your IBT.
    I'm aware of that thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Try getting a quote with Axa, i just got insured on my first bike and they were cheaper fully comp than liberty was with tpft.. Im 32 though so might be little different. I bought an 09 ninja and im loving it, a good few of the ones you linked are sold, if you could afford it the black one going for 3050 looks really nice, the green one for 2300 looks like a bargain, i was looking at them online for a couple months waiting for the theory test and ibt etc but i dont think any were selling for under 2500, might be the lack of supply though over winter..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

rowanh wrote: »
    Try getting a quote with Axa, i just got insured on my first bike and they were cheaper fully comp than liberty was with tpft.. Im 32 though so might be little different. I bought an 09 ninja and im loving it, a good few of the ones you linked are sold, if you could afford it the black one going for 3050 looks really nice, the green one for 2300 looks like a bargain, i was looking at them online for a couple months waiting for the theory test and ibt etc but i dont think any were selling for under 2500, might be the lack of supply though over winter..
    I'm 23. They told me I was too young last year. The previous year they were 7000 more than Liberty/Quinn.

Either way I'd say Liberty are still the best bet for young riders.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Dai John

7,000 MORE ? Are you being too liberal with the zeros ? I complain at paying 300.

i'm gunna finish the IBT alongside with the assessment tests before ringing for quotes, hopefully i don't get a back-breaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Dai John wrote: »
    7,000 MORE ? Are you being too liberal with the zeros ? I complain at paying 300.
    Nope. Aon quoted me over 7 grand. Got covered by liberty in the region of 350.

• Advertisement
Advertisement