Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will an American tap work in Ireland?

• 09-02-2014 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

This maybe a stupid question, but will an American kitchen tap work in Ireland?
    I have not bought it yet, but I was hoping to get one of those fancy hose type taps. Will it work at home, or should I just wait and pay a lot more in Ireland!. The brand would most likely be Moen.

TIA
    Creme egg.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

doubt it...they only let water out on the wrong side of the sink.:D...get it? wrong side of the sink?...wrong side of the road...ok i'm tired, kids have me up early :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

The tap would work fine, it's the plumbing connections you'd have to worry about :):)
    Seriously they sell those in lidl and Aldi every so often... Probably for less that the cost of shipping ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

gifted wrote: »
    doubt it...they only let water out on the wrong side of the sink.:D...get it? wrong side of the sink?...wrong side of the road...ok i'm tired, kids have me up early :o

Tap will work. But 3000 miles of pipes would be expensive and might produce a drop in pressure.

Similar taps available here or on the net. at a reasonable price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭oikster

It probably won't work as a tap per se seeing as it would be a faucet :D:D:D

American tap can work here, but only at the 2% tax rate through the Bahamas !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭creme egg

Thanks all. You made me laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WCfarmersWife

I actually have a Moen bathroom tap that I purchased in NY, brought back to Cork & plumber says fittings are different - need an adapter to change from metric to inch fittings. When brought tap to local plumbing supply store they basically said for me to buy an Irish tap - uh thanks but no thanks as I have a tap!!!😡
    Anyone know where I can source these adapters?
    Thank you!!!

I actually have a Moen bathroom tap that I purchased in NY, brought back to Cork & plumber says fittings are different - need an adapter to change from metric to inch fittings. When brought tap to local plumbing supply store they basically said for me to buy an Irish tap - uh thanks but no thanks as I have a tap!!!😡
    Anyone know where I can source these adapters?
    Thank you!!!

Irish International Trading ( IITC )
    on the Tramore road would be the best bet. Just off the South link Rd. Near Kinsale Rd. roundabout.
    They have everything.

Advertisement