Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vat on amazon orders

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

So I order from Amazon Germany edit profile with my VAT number and purchase from their and does the VAT get deducted straight away or do I have to claim it somehow... Also it is ok to order from germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

To be honest I haven't ordered off amazon germany, only from amazon UK. I don't see why it would work differently tho. You register your number, and if it's an intra-eu import it gets zero-rated (this means the vat gets deducted straight away). Note that you should account for this import on your VIES return (in the "imports from EU" box).

I have however ordered stuff from hardwareversand.de and got it zero-rated as well, but their site doesn't really handle it automatically. Needed to nag them in badly translated german and have the invoice manually zero-rated...

Why would it not be ok to order from Germany? This EU thingy is pretty serious about free trade.

srsly78 wrote: »
    To be honest I haven't ordered off amazon germany, only from amazon UK. I don't see why it would work differently tho. You register your number, and if it's an intra-eu import it gets zero-rated (this means the vat gets deducted straight away). Note that you should account for this import on your VIES return (in the "imports from EU" box).

I have however ordered stuff from hardwareversand.de and got it zero-rated as well, but their site doesn't really handle it automatically. Needed to nag them in badly translated german and have the invoice manually zero-rated...

Why would it not be ok to order from Germany? This EU thingy is pretty serious about free trade.

Cool cheers will try that..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

pedronomix wrote: »
    Just be aware that if it transpires that the purchase is not made by the VAT registered trader in Ireland, Revenue can come after you. VAT fraud is a huge issue in the EU!!

We had an situation a few years ago where an old VAT number (personal one that was defunct) was being used by a supplier, as they hadn't changed it over to new company. Revenue came knocking and audited us. Was all fine in the end, but they do check!

Anyone know how to order in German or translate the secure pages and checkout.. this is on Amazon.De ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Use chrome and google autotranslate should help?

srsly78 wrote: »
    Use chrome and google autotranslate should help?

Yeah found a link on Amazon to help the translating hopefully that helps.

Advertisement