Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

can you help me rescue my chocolate?

• 09-02-2014 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭

So I bought heart shaped chocolate molds in aldi the other day thinking I could be all romantic and make him some sweets for valentines day :o

I found a recipe for chocolate making online...followed it...stuck the mold in the fridge. ..got up this morning's and what I appear to have made is a dozen piles of fudge like chocolate. ..and upon further googling I see terms like tempering chocolate so it hardens etc

The fudge type mixture is delicious and would work perfectly inside a hard chocolate shell like a truffle. ..but I really don't have the skills, patience or utensils to go the tempering route.

I am therefore wondering would melted chocolate bar (I can't afford to go buying more butter and cocoa for it to fail again) hardened and if so...how do I get it into a shell type shape? If I fill a mold surely it would just be a solid shape? How do I make a hollow shape?

Thank you so much to anyone who can help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Did you use cocoa and butter to make the shell?

If you go to about 1.10 in this video it shows how to fill the mould to make the shell.

A melted chocolate bar will be fine as long as you use decent chocolate. Tempered chocolate will work much better. There's an easy way of tempering chocolate here. It suggests using a candy thermometer to check the temperature but if you don't have one you'll certainly get a better result just using the method than you would if you just melted chocolate the regular way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Fantastic! Thank you so much!

Thank your so much for help. ..finished result is attached. They're not the prettiest. ..but omg they are delicious. Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thank your so much for help. ..finished result is attached. They're not the prettiest. ..but omg they are delicious. Thank you!

They look fantastic!

leahyl wrote: »
    They look fantastic!

I made a second batch today with thorntons chocolate for the shell and some more left over filling from the other day...they are so delicious!

• Advertisement
Advertisement