Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will VPS work?

Options
  • 09-02-2014 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Firstly I don`t want any info about provider please as I have been told before it is against charter.

I want to run a java program which utilised selenium webdriver (so I`d have to have firefox, java, selenium webdriver and eclipse installed) could I do this on a vps?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

Yes. But there are different forms of virtualisation.

A fully virtualised instance under XEN (or KVM) will give you best compatibility. You get full root access and guest OS's do not need to be "virtualisation aware".

No hosting recommendation allowed here, but PM me for me personal experiences if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Remember - a VPS / VM will be public on the internet, so you'll need to make sure that you enable a firewall of some kind (iptables on linux for example).

Advertisement