Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Fulham Match thread k/o 16.00 SS1.

• 09-02-2014 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

......................................soi-keo-bong-da-tran-manchester-united-vs-fulham-23h-ngay-92-1391875639.jpg.................................

....................7HdmEfe.pngUwbBZUU.png.......................

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Should win easily.

But then I said that against Stoke last week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Hopefully we can give a good performance and maybe score a few goals. 3-0 would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Fulham are genuinely the worst team in the league. Expect Utd to bounce off them and give them a Liverpool against Arsenal type hiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Fulham are a very poor team, as bad as United have been this season they should still win this easily.

In fact, Fulham are so poor that if United were to actually lose this game then Moyes should be gone by seven o'clock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm hoping Fulham can start with Kostas Mitroglou, Utd supporters have been busy chortling at Olympiacos loosing their most potent goal - threat maybe he can bury Utds (already paper thin) top 4 aspirations instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm hoping Fulham can start with Kostas Mitroglou, Utd supporters have been busy chortling at Olympiacos loosing their most potent goal threat maybe he can bury Utds top 4 aspirations instead.

Why hasn't he played?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm hoping Fulham can start with Kostas Mitroglou, Utd supporters have been busy chortling at Olympiacos loosing their most potent goal - threat maybe he can bury Utds (already paper thin) top 4 aspirations instead.
    Oh yes. I couldn't contain myself when I heard that news. I devoted the whole of February so far to a good old chortle.
    It's really all any of us have been thinking about for a while now, life consuming stuff.

Must win for Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If united can't win this moyes should just resign. Fulham are an atrocious team nailed on for relegation with an utterly clueless manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

3-0 --- Fulham are in awful shape and Utd should be far too much for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

3-1 United - Mata and RVP on the scoresheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Must win for Utd.

Just to get some form going. 4th is a pipe dream. Some sign that the players are clicking before we have to play City, Liverpool and Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Expect United to make it look very difficult to beat Fulham today

Expect Mata to be left standing waiting for movement only to have to give it back out to the wings when it doesn't come a lot of times durning the match

2-1 United, maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

If Manc U can't win this, it's time to pack up and go home. Fulham are a Championship team elect just playing out their Premier League tenure.

Four nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Oh yes. I couldn't contain myself when I heard that news. I devoted the whole of February so far to a good old chortle.
    It's really all any of us have been thinking about for a while now, life consuming stuff.

Hee hee. This has all the sarcasm of a sh!t season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

I'm expecting a laboured workman like Utd win.

I think we'll score a couple but as usual they will most likely be from individual moments of quality as opposed to slick teamwork.

2-0 Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The trend of United old boys doing a number on us has been awful this season,hope to fook it doesn't happen today.
    It's terrible to say that games we used to take as a gimme and a chance to up the goal difference pose a worry for us these days.That Steve Staunton saying "potential banana skin" keeps popping into my head every time we have a game coming up.:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

United to win 4-0. Yeah. You heard me. Problem???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Quandary wrote: »
    I'm expecting a laboured workman like Utd win.

I think we'll score a couple but as usual they will most likely be from individual moments of quality as opposed to slick teamwork.

2-0 Utd.

itll be this :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Bad as United have been playing this season, there is not a fúcking hope of anything other than 3 points for Gryffindor United today.

Fulham are genuinely the worst team in the league at the moment, without question. Rene has been excellent as a #2 man at clubs. But the step up to #1 has not been so smooth for him. Add in that the players are just not good enough. As someone mentioned, they are a Championship team-elect and are just going through the final painful motions of their Premier League tenure.

I fully expect United, in spite of tactics or anything else, to score a good few here today and to proper spank Fulham. 3-0 at a minimum, but probably more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

DazMarz wrote: »
    Bad as United have been playing this season, there is not a fúcking hope of anything other than 3 points for Gryffindor United today.

Fulham are genuinely the worst team in the league at the moment, without question. Rene has been excellent as a #2 man at clubs. But the step up to #1 has not been so smooth for him. Add in that the players are just not good enough. As someone mentioned, they are a Championship team-elect and are just going through the final painful motions of their Premier League tenure.

I fully expect United, in spite of tactics or anything else, to score a good few here today and to proper spank Fulham. 3-0 at a minimum, but probably more.

He wasn't even a #2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I want to see goals , lots of them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

1-0 United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

4-0 United

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah buddy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Hoping to see a front 4 of mata, rooney, rvp and one of januzaj or Kagawa. I know im gonna be disappointed though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

1-1
    :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

0-0 or 1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Man Utd:

De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Mata, Carrick, Fletcher, Young; Rooney, van Persie.

substitutes: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Giggs, Valencia, Kagawa, Januzaj, Hernandez.

Fulham:

Stekelenburg; Riether, Burn, Heitinga, Riise; Tunnicliffe, Sidwell, Kvist, Richardson; Holtby, Tankovic

substitutes: Stockdale, Hangeland, Kacaniklic, Duff, Cole, Parker, Ben.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Any teams yet?

rumours on twitter that Kagawa could be in at CM, not sure he can play in a 2 man midfield, takes a lot of risks, it would need to be 3 to accommodate him and that would mean Rooney out wide

Edit: rumours wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

He wasn't even a #2.

Oops... :o

Well, whatever capacity he had.... he was better at that than being a manager. Got my wires crossed somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

DazMarz wrote: »
    Oops... :o

Well, whatever capacity he had.... he was better at that than being a manager. Got my wires crossed somewhere.

Well he wasn't in the public spotlight so its hard to judge how good he actually was as a coach, most people are guessing based on fergies recommendations and co.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fulham: Stekelenburg; Riether, Burn, Heitinga, Riise; Tunnicliffe, Sidwell, Kvist, Richardson; Holtby, Tankovic

That Fulham team is horrendous. Man United should be putting these to the sword.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Happy with that team, really happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

No excuse not to annihilate Fulham today with the attacking talent we have on the pitch. Also our best midfield two from whats available imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can't believe how bad the Fulham side is, clearly keeping their powder dry for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I agree, I can't see it being easy despite how crap fulham are. How many games this season have united strolled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

irishfeen wrote: »
    Fulham:

Stekelenburg; Riether, Burn, Heitinga, Riise; Tunnicliffe, Sidwell, Kvist, Richardson; Holtby, Tankovic

substitutes: Stockdale, Hangeland, Kacaniklic, Duff, Cole, Parker, Ben.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Fulham to win 2-1. Same old crap from United is my guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Can't believe how bad the Fulham side is, clearly keeping their powder dry for Liverpool.

Mitroglu to get a hat trick during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Fergie made the call to Rene...

"put out a completely sh*t side or i'll go to the media and out you as the fraud you are"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

lol

I see the conspiracy theories have started:pac::pac:

United to win is 1/5, to win to nil they're 5/6. That looks like good value to me.

I hate that shïte about the "pitch being bigger".

Premier league rules state all pitches must be the same size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Nah, there's limits though AFAIK

Edit: Apologies, just read this http://angryofislington.com/2012/09/01/new-premier-league-pitch-dimensions-rules/

So the pitches have to be 105 x 68 m unless the stadium can't allow it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Weren't stoke well known for narrowing the pitch?

Weren't stoke well known for narrowing the pitch?

They were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

interesting article about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Utd will win.

Fulham are absolutely atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

lol

I see the conspiracy theories have started:pac::pac:

Its just the usual. Not even good at the wind ups

• Advertisement
Advertisement