Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Fulham Match thread k/o 16.00 SS1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Funniest match thread I can remember. Brilliant guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If United had got that penalty they would have only crossed it anyway.

Get in Fulham, well deserved too.

Great bloody weekend.

For the love of god Utd don't sack Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I suppose United fans have a right to be a bit cross with opposition fans after that, if you can't beat them, join them.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

81 crosses today from United (of which 18 found a United player) Is that a record?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

greendom wrote: »
    81 crosses today from United (of which 18 found a United player) Is that a record?

I believe so.

They broke records all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

I like David Moyes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Liverpool, Spurs, Everton hell even Rochdale fans should be able to have laugh at United.

Its banter. Nothing wrong with it.

Once you can take it when other way around.

Some can, some cant.

Can anyone change "The Chosen One" banner to "The Crossing One"?

I need a laugh too.:P

Now that would be funny,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That point now pretty much means we are safe from relegation and we cant win the Championship next season.:mad:

Moyes out!!

• Advertisement

Anyone got another link to the Moyes celebrating gif? Seems to be a 404 for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

How any United fan could want Moyes in charge of their club is utterly beyond me.

He absolutely must go.

As a Liverpool fan I hope he stays as long as possible.

(This is not a windup, just an opinion. The arguments for keeping Moyes have no weight for me now. United have to hold their hands up that they got it wrong. This is unbelievably bad.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Morzadec wrote: »
    How any United fan could want Moyes in charge of their club is utterly beyond me.

He absolutely must go.

(This is not a windup, just an opinion. The arguments for keeping Moyes have no weight for me now. United have to hold their hands up that they got it wrong. This is unbelievably bad.)

They won't, because moyes is Ferguson's man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Morzadec wrote: »

He absolutely must go.

What does it say about Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool that Moyes managed Everton to 6th last season while Liverpool were 7th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

I'm a Man U fan, but I'm getting a great laugh out of watching my fellow Devils getting their knickers in a twist. So many of you have been so fcuking arrogant and complacent over the years. This is what it feels like to be on the other side of it. It's killing me watching United implode, but the silver lining is that maybe, just maybe we'll be left with a club that's a little more humble and appreciative of success.

BNMC wrote: »
    What does it say about Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool that Moyes managed Everton to 6th last season while Liverpool were 7th?

It says that Rodgers is getting better by improving his team, while Moyes is getting worse by not being able to repeat that 'achievement' with a much stronger team.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I thought you didn't like things going off topic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Haha! What's this got to do with anything? Rodgers! Haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

It says he held Everton back, look at them this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Don't point your finger at Rodgers!

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

xabi wrote: »
    It says he held Everton back, look at them this season.
    They're still 6th...

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ironically it's probably not a good result for rival fans. This is the day where you can sense the vast majority of United fans have turned against him and when that happens, change is usually inevitable.

I honestly never thought a club and manager could be so ill suited as Liverpool and Hodgson was, but Moyes and United may well be worse. For the sake of the club, they have to bin him. Give him a big transfer fund in the summer and he'll set United back deccades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

65 million spent and he is doing worse then Everton and Liverpool . So it shows he is a shocking manager .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody got a gif or video of Moyes reaction to Utd's second goal? Missed the game :(

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Yeah, I'm the one being disingenuous. You said he was woeful. He has been okay, not woeful, not excellent. Made some very good passes and set one up.

But you're a Chelsea fan. You want this to be true. You want your manager's decision to be vindicated. Curious that it's a Chelsea fan making such an observation.

No mate. We're missing Sidwell more than we are Mata. We could do with decent CM cover. We have all the CAMs we could ask for.

I'm not disparaging Mata in saying that but there's no argument to be made that getting €45m for a man who can't make the starting 11 was a bad move. You'd have to question the decision to pay that much for him from Moyes' perspective though, given that he's just as likely to stick him in goals rather than actually play him where he could do some damage.

That Liverpool are improving under Rodgers and United, under Moyes, are worse than Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

You're right. He should stay in charge. He'll get you top 4 next year no probs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Also what does it say about Moyes when you have Everton fans singing songs that suggest they are happy he is gone .

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

293035.jpg

I honestly never thought a club and manager could be so ill suited as Liverpool and Hodgson was, but Moyes and United may well be worse. For the sake of the club, they have to bin him. Give him a big transfer fund in the summer and he'll set United back deccades.

I don't disagree that he deserves to be sacked but I don't agree with the part in bold.

If he was given money in the Summer, I don't think he'd do a Dalglish on it and blow ~£55m on the likes of Carroll and Downing.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    Ironically it's probably not a good result for rival fans. This is the day where you can sense the vast majority of United fans have turned against him and when that happens, change is usually inevitable.

There wasn't too many boos at the end so the match going fans haven't completelty turned on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

No mate. We're missing Sidwell more than we are Mata. We could do with decent CM cover. We have all the CAMs we could ask for.

I'm not disparaging Mata in saying that but there's no argument to be made that getting €45m for a man who can't make the starting 11 was a bad move. You'd have to question the decision to pay that much for him from Moyes' perspective though, given that he's just as likely to stick him in goals rather than actually play him where he could do some damage.

So you have changed tack and are no longer going with the Mata was woeful line. Which is what started this discussion.

How can you expect anybody to take your posts seriously when you stumble aimlessly from point to point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I don't disagree that he deserves to be sacked but I don't agree with the part in bold.

If he was given money in the Summer, I don't think he'd do a Dalglish on it and blow ~£55m on the likes of Carroll and Downing.

I dunno Carroll would have been in his element there today.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    There wasn't too many boos at the end so the match going fans haven't completelty turned on him

Anyone that would have booed him had already walked out.

So you have changed tack and are no longer going with the Mata was woeful line. Which is what started this discussion.

How can you expect anybody to take your posts seriously when you stumble aimlessly from point to point?

He was woeful. I stand over that. It's just not all his fault. :)

I think most recognise that he's working day and night for the cause and respect him as a person, which brings a lot of good will. However most of the same people are realising that he's not up to the job.

It was a bit different with Liverpool fans and Hodgson, iirc there seemed to be genuinely bad blood between the two in that situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I'm a Man U fan, but I'm getting a great laugh out of watching my fellow Devils getting their knickers in a twist. So many of you have been so fcuking arrogant and complacent over the years. This is what it feels like to be on the other side of it. It's killing me watching United implode, but the silver lining is that maybe, just maybe we'll be left with a club that's a little more humble and appreciative of success.

You're a rare breed mate, fair play to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think most recognise that he's working day and night for the cause and respect him as a person, which brings a lot of good will. However most of the same people are realising that he's not up to the job.

It was a bit different with Liverpool fans and Hodgson, iirc there seemed to be genuinely bad blood between the two in that situation.

Hodgson was a coward in the face of a blatant attempt to "sound out" Torres by Utd and he was small time anyway - Notts County being sold like they were Barcelona before a Cup match and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Might as well sack him now .He will not turn this around .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

He was woeful. I stand over that. It's just not all his fault. :)

Then I disagree and will have to acknowledge the fact that some peopke see things very differently to me.

Also that it's the internet and nobody backs down from the stupid points that they make.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Yep but unlike Hodgsons final nail which was the drastic drop in attendance when fans voted with their feet, and the owners simply couldn't risk that - I can't see similar happening at OT.

but you're right opposition fans won't be happy with his sacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Miracles can happen?

Also that it's the internet and nobody backs down from the stupid points that they make.

Yeah.

Jeez man put down the shovel.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Yep but unlike Hodgsons final nail which was the drastic drop in attendance when fans voted with their feet, and the owners simply couldn't risk that - I can't see similar happening at OT.

but you're right opposition fans won't be happy with his sacking.

Was a different situation though as G&H were there and the protests were mostly regarding them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That is because some of the ground emptied when it was still 2-1 to United

Was a different situation though as G&H were there and the protests were mostly regarding them

Not how I remember it.

G&H long gone and FSG seen the attendance plumit in that Jan.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Not how I remember it.

G&H long gone and FSG seen the attendance plumit in that Jan.

I remember being at one of the protests against the owners in September after a Hodgson game.

They went(H&G) in October I think.

Sorry for the off topic posting all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Tut tut! :P

I like the moxy, I do. You want to fight back, not get pushed around. I understand the desire but let me save you much frustration: this is your turn to sit down and take it. All the effort and smarts in the world won't save you from the inescapable reality of your team's results. And yes, I do know this from experience.

=================

For what it's worth, Utd were unlucky not to take all three points. As much as Moyes's approach was inefficient, Utd dominated and laid siege for the vast majority of the game. Fulham got a lot of luck. Not that I'm complaining, but it's a point worth noting nonetheless. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    People should just glance at your thanks and post history before taking the above or anything else said seriously.

You are the last person to call out anybody on post and thank history.

Only a few weeks back you were pulled up on using your supposed special needs brother to score cheap thanks and trying to get another poster in trouble for using the word retarded, even though you seem to have no bother throwing around the word.

Pathetic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement