Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Fulham Match thread k/o 16.00 SS1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Pre game meeting.

Big Phil Neville: right, Fulham are pretty useless. Bottom of the league. Awful form. Now. The one thing, THE ONE THING, Fulham have is really really tall centre halves so.....

Moysie: EUREKA. I know what well do. Repeatedly cross it. Cross after cross after cross. Completely take their giant centre halves out of the game. That's how well beat these cheeky Fulham scamps.

Mata and Rooney and rvp look at each other.

Vidic reflects on how lucky he is to be leaving soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

5starpool wrote: »
    Utd will probably scrape a 2-1 win and the cracks will be papered over again.

Afraid the cracks are too deep now to paper over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Via Squawka:

BgDAddpIMAAhSTC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Rumours that David moyes believes Fulham are a team of vampires.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Fulham bottom team with the worst goal difference in the entire league winning 1-0 where they haven't won in 51 years.

Great stuff altogether :D

They won at old Trafford in 2003

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Has anyone checked to see if theres suspicious betting around amount of crosses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

mike65 wrote: »
    Has anyone considered the possibility that Fergie decided to **** Utd over for a reason we don't know about?

tinfoil-hat.jpg

Yes it has been suggested that he suggested Moyes to protect his legacy.

Complete bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Y4AEtJ4.png

Sums up United.. Not a single successful pass coming through the middle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

"One nil down against a team that hasn't even set up to score." - Neville.

In fairness, we're lucky not to be 3 down if not for a lack of composure by Richardson and Rooney covering our midfield.

Carrick and Fletcher are playing as the complete non-box-to-box-midfielders. They can't get back to our own box when Fulham counter once every 15 minutes, and they can't get into the opposition box to knock it in the odd time we win a header from our barrage of crosses.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

If the second half for UTD continues with the same tactic then quite frankly Moyes hasn't a breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Once Fellaini comes back into the team replacing Mata who we all know was only an emergency signing, if he converts just 1/10 chances Utd would be 4-1 up.
    Maybe Moyes should consider that Rooney give Mata a piggy back to try and give the same effect of playing with El Pube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Moyes will be sacked sooner or later. Until then not a lot will change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Agueroooo wrote: »
    If the second half for UTD continues with the same tactic then quite frankly Moyes hasn't a breeze.

I'm waiting until the end of the season when he takes off a mask to reveal himself as Kenny Daglish.

46 crosses its embarrising to watch this type of football. So say to defend against and so vulnerable st the back. No penatration. I have not spotted one through ball or anything decisive. All hit and hope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

God i hope we get to 100 crosses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

adox wrote: »
    Moyes will be sacked sooner or later. Until then not a lot will change.

The team is not good enough more importantly. Regardless of how sh*t Moyes is, the players aren't good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

zerks wrote: »
    I'm waiting until the end of the season when he takes off a mask to reveal himself as Kenny Daglish.

"It was me Fergie it was me all along!!!"

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Stoke with 51 crosses vs Liverpool have the highest total of crosses in a game this season. I think that record might be somewhat smashed in this game.

Januzaj will help definitely though, I assume for Young?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

zerks wrote: »

One thing you can never say about Kenny is that he liked (or ever played) hoof ball.

think you meant the other LFC manager before Kenny :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The team is not good enough more importantly. Regardless of how sh*t Moyes is, the players aren't good enough.

The team isn't good enough to beat the team bottom of the league? So what you're saying is the Premier League champions from last year should be playing in the Championship? Cause that's basically what you're saying.

SantryRed wrote: »
    The team isn't good enough to beat the team bottom of the league? So what you're saying is the Premier League champions from last year should be playing in the Championship? Cause that's basically what you're saying.

This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rooney needs to be playing deeper

It's flipping insane having him and RVP standing in the box waiting for crosses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Fulham bringing on Bent for the counter attack. Bent to score or Vidic to get sent-off

Darren Bent coming on

Fulham digging the knife in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Fulham have ANYTHING about them they'll stick on Parker and Bent in the second half and finish this off :p

Darren Bent comes on.

Edit - 47th cross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

sea_monkey wrote: »
    God i hope we get to 100 crosses

Maybe Moyes thinks the keeper is a vampire .

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Rafael is worse than his twin Fabio!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Darren Bent comes on.

Edit - 47th cross

Keep the cross count going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Adnan for Rafael would be a good change for Utd i think. Go 3-5-2. No need to have 4 defenders against Fulham.

SantryRed wrote: »

Well ye're down a goal to the team bottom of the league at home...that's what I'm saying...

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Adnan for Rafael would be a good change for Utd i think. Go 3-5-2. No need to have 4 defenders against Fulham.

I'd take Evra off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    No need to have 4 defenders against Fulham.
    Clearly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Once you loose a few, pressure builds, mistakes increase and it just gets harder to turn it round without something to change the momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Well ye're down a goal to the team bottom of the league at home...that's what I'm saying...

Literally not what you said.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No lessons learned going into the 2nd half anyway.

48!

49 crosses now

49!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

50 crosses I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

keep crossing.

it'll eventually work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

CSF wrote: »
    No lessons learned going into the 2nd half anyway.

What are you talking about? We're clearly still well on course to beat the most crosses in 90 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

GET KAGAWA ON

Take Evra off, 3 at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Fergie here (not that we would be this terrible anyway) would take a huge risk and go for it.

What you got Moyes? Take a feckin risk and go for goals.

Literally not what you said.....

Well if ye're losing at home to the worst team in the league it's clear the team is not bloody good enough...shock lead or not it's dreadful from United's players. Moyes can't get all the blame here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Sack him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

50 crosses in 50 minutes is one thing, the fact about 48 of them have been sh*t is the infuriating part.

Well if ye're losing at home to the worst team in the league it's clear the team is not bloody good enough...shock lead or not it's dreadful from United's players. Moyes can't get all the blame here.

Don't think organisation and motivation is part of the manager's job then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yes he can. You can't just stick 11 good players out there and expect them to win against a team of Premiership players.

• Advertisement

Still 49 according to Squawka

Advertisement