Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs vrs Everton - 13:30

• 09-02-2014 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭

Hard to call.

Erikson to make the difference IMO.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looks like a draw, Spurs under Sherwood have flattered to deceive so far - good against weak sides poor enough against the rest. They also leak goals. Everton have no Lukaku but I think Deforbarcaguy back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Hoping for a spurs win here but it will be tough. Glad to have Vert properly back cemented in the first team after injury, only thing that worries me is Dawson and his pace. It will be interesting to see who starts in the CM position. I myself would rather Sherwood went with Dembele and Paulinho and leave Benteleb on the bench. I just feel more experience is needed in that area or the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Should be a good game and I'll be backing the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

A boring nil nil please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Retweeted by ESPN FC
    Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 1m
    Our line-up today: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Rose, Lennon, Paulinho, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Dembele, Adebayor

Anyone able to figure a formation out of that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Rose, Paulinho, Dembele, Bentaleb, Lennon, Eriksen, Adebayor COYS:)

should be a goal fest which hope we edge by the odd goal:D

Tottenham starting XI: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Rose, Paulinho, Dembele, Eriksen, Bentaleb, Lennon, Adebayor

Subs: Friedel, Kaboul, Naughton, Capoue, Soldado, Townsend, Defoe

Everton starting XI: Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Barry, McCarthy, Osman, Pienaar, Mirallas, Naismith

Subs: Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Deulofeu, Barkley, Stones, Traore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

AdamD wrote: »
    Retweeted by ESPN FC
    Our line-up today: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Rose, Lennon, Paulinho, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Dembele, Adebayor

Not really sure what you mean? I can see a number of formations from that.

irishmover wrote: »
    Not really sure what you mean? I can see a number of formations from that.

Misread it and only saw one cb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

AdamD wrote: »
    Retweeted by ESPN FC

4231 with eriksen out wide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Looks like Everton are going with Naismith up top on his own. I wouldn't be a fan of that at all to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Paully D wrote: »
    Looks like Everton are going with Naismith up top on his own. I wouldn't be a fan of that at all to be honest.

I haven't been a huge fan of Naismith myself, like most Everton fans I think at times, he's a bit of a headless chicken. But he works hard and he chips in with a few goals. Everton don't have much options up front either.

draw please

great to see coleman back from injury from an irish perspective....not great for spurs though lets hope he has a quiet game

Lumbo wrote: »
    I haven't been a huge fan of Naismith myself, like most Everton fans I think at times, he's a bit of a headless chicken. But he works hard and he chips in with a few goals. Everton don't have much options up front either.

This is where the difficulty comes in for clubs who exploit the loan system.

Lukaku, one of Everton's best players this season, will be off in the summer and Everton will be left with Naismith and Kone as their only permanent strikers. It'll cost a lot to replace his contribution.

Same goes for Gareth Barry.

great save lorris

wake up spurs ffs such a slow start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

This is where the difficulty comes in for clubs who exploit the loan system.

Lukaku, one of Everton's best players this season, will be off in the summer and Everton will be left with Naismith and Kone as their only permanent strikers. It'll cost a lot to replace his contribution.

Same goes for Gareth Barry.

Isn't Barry's contract up in the summer? So he will be on a free in the summer.

Lloris is a great shot stopper.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Isn't Barry's contract up in the summer? So he will be on a free in the summer.

Lloris is a great shot stopper.

Aye, but it is being widely reported that Arsenal want him in the summer. He'll go there over Everton if it's true.

daws an lloris in sh1te shocker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What the hell is this no goal shit? 20 mins in.

Shocking.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Spurs have been awful going forward.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Spurs have been awful going forward.

and just as aweful at the back too.. our home form is pathetic:o

great ball from rose there -unlucky ade

aw lennon you should be leaving jaglika for dead there in a straight run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

This is awful stuff. No goals, no intensity, no atmosphere, not even any decent football being played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Pass the ball ffs, that was a decent chance

daws is a 2nd rate has been-cant defend to save his life-giving away free kicks dangerous areas for the craic..the sooner kaboul is back the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bentaleb may very well turn out to be a good player, but right now he should not be starting ahead of Capoue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Everton putting in a fair bit of work, but Spurs could catch them on the counter. Not the most electrifying half. Some awful ball retention.

Awful half. Other than the opening 10, it was been piss poor.

Paulinho is absolutely non existent as is Lennon. I expect Townsend to replace Lennon at some stage. Dawson has been dodgey too. I just don't understand why Sherwood doesn't opt for Kaboul who is an all round better player.

ah i wish i knew wtf is going on in Timmays head. he must see as different daws and walker in training every day to keep picking them..:confused::o:o

ENG0-1GERa.gif

Kyle Walker summed up

We can give about Walker all we want but would people honestly rather Naughton playing there?

• Advertisement

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    We can give about Walker all we want but would people honestly rather Naughton playing there?

at right back yea i would:)

would rather just play with 10men than let naughton play LB though:p

walker 100 pl aps today and still cant beat the first man when "crossing" the ball.
    :rolleyes:

5 times I've counted now that Walker has broke forward, Adebayor has made a nice run off the defender, and Walker has failed to either see him or make the pass. Must be infuriating for a striker.

5 times I've counted now that Walker has broke forward, Adebayor has made a nice run off the defender, and Walker has failed to either see him or make the pass. Must be infuriating for a striker.

If Distin and Baines were playing for Spurs he'd be having a cracking day. SHocking end product.

he scores when he wants!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Undeserved in the grand scheme of the game but deserved for the cheekiness of it.
    Adebayor still had a lot to do with that when it came to him so that was a great finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

You really do have to wonder what goes through the heads of players like Walker, Nani etc. If they didnt have such good eye to foot coordination they would be screwed in life. Probably eaten by wolves or jumping off a bridge in a "necknomination".

These were the type of guys that the generals used to send into battle first how the oppositions archers would use up their bows. Now they are millionaires. The world has gone mad.

The Everton player who virtually tee'd the ball up for Walker there should be given a bollocking. Didn't quite catch who it was but it looked like Barry?

capoue on to shore up our midfield for the brutal paulinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Everton back with 11 men now.

jermaine defoe-easy oh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Some weird subs by Sherwood in this game.

Bentaleb doesn't look like he has a clue how to play out on the wing. Walker had to tell him where to stand a minute ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Seen them given. Silly tackle.

capoue got lucky that was a stonewall peno for everton

defoe going close !

• Advertisement
Advertisement