Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clothes you hang and clothes you fold?!?

• 09-02-2014 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭

Ok, this is an odd one for me. No idea why. (maybe its a man thing lol)

Apart from shirts, what should be hung and what always be folded? Or this a question that is as stupid as it sounds?

Obviously shirts should be hung but how about jumpers, polo tops etc? I recently bought a big new wardrobe from Ikea ( never wanna see another screw or use another screwdriver for the rest of my life) and I have a tonne of new clothes going into it. However, its almost full so I am trying to sort it all out. I may even have to get a second one. :rolleyes:

First world problems, huh?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I would hang up everything you plan to wear outside the house, to be honest. Crease marks from folded clothes look really messy, depending on the fabric. Although for tracksuit pants and super casual t-shirts it's probably not too big a deal.

I'm making a big effort to hang up everything bar tracksuit bottoms and vest tops that wouldn't be seen under clothes anyway. It's a pain but creased clothes look terrible IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I hang dresses, blouses and trousers. Jumpers, jeans, t-shirts and most casual stuff like tracksuit bottoms just get folded. Nothing gets creased the way I do it so I stick with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

My boyfriend folds his jumpers (big thick wool jumpers, which don't crease), t-shirts (he has WAY too many t-shirts to hang up), all his sports clothes are folded too.

His jeans/trousers are hung, as are his shirts, suits and hoodies. His tracksuits/shorts/around-the-house clothes are folded, creases don't matter as he only wears them to sports/training/around the house anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Be careful hanging heavy jumpers... you really run the risk of them stretching bcause of the weight, or developing a weird 'second shoulder'...If you're hanging them, hang them this way...

I don't have all that much room in my wardrobe, so I can't hang as much as I'd like. I hang shirts, jackets and dress trousers. Everything else I roll and put into drawers. Really minimises creases if you take a few seconds to flatten stuff out firt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

^^^
    I never hang jumpers because of exactly what baby and crumble posted. Saggy jumpers look awful.

I hang shirts/blouses, fancy tops, skirts, dressy trousers, blazers... anything that needs to be ironed really.

Jeans, tshirts, jumpers are all folded neatly.

I have a big wardrobe from IKEA too and the drawers are great, really deep for all the bulky folded items. The organisers are great too for undies/socks etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I hang shirts, trousers, collared tshirts, (and suits obviously) and I fold jeans, casual tshirts and jumpers. I do have one or two extremely thin wool jumpers that I tend to hang also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Where do I get myself one of these big wardrobes? Maybe I just have far too many clothes but hardly any of my clothes are hung up - I simply don't have the space! :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Shirts (formal and casual) and suits hung up. Don't have many jumpers but they are hung too on wide hangars. The odd polo t shirt but t shirts are mostly folded on the shelves (too many to hang).

I hang my jeans too as that helps to air them a bit.

I don't hang my ties but I roll them and have two draw fulls of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Where do I get myself one of these big wardrobes? Maybe I just have far too many clothes but hardly any of my clothes are hung up - I simply don't have the space! :-(

Ikea, I got mine there as they are almost ceiling height (within an inch or two) and they have more depth than most wardrobes (59cm)

Advertisement