Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge House lights - poll

Options
  • 09-02-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭

It would be interesting to see what a poll shows up now that the new lights have had a run in. The situation is not being helped by road works nearby.

Please enter your vote in the above poll

What do you think of the new traffic lights 32 votes

Good - they should stay
    0% 0 votes
    Bad - they should go
    12% 4 votes
    don't have an opinion at the moment
    87% 28 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Voted No because I can't actually figure out who they benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Reserving judgement till tonight. The first night last week was a nightmare, but since then there's been significant traffic on the N4 or M50 on two of the nights (tuesday, wednesday) that lead to me arriving too late to experience them in their full glory, traffic backed up to the M4 exit (thursday, ~6:06pm if you're a town planner looking for citations) that lead to me skipping on to Maynooth and looping back, or there were significant roadworks (Friday lunchtime - a hilarious stop-go just in front of the lights) that meant I can't really blame the lights for the delay.

They've had week to tweak and the tangential road-works are done. Assuming all other routes are working normally, I should hit them around 6pm, at which point if I'm stopped dead in traffic I'll be putting on my handbrake, taking out my phone and voting Bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I just don't know why they were needed, without them traffic was backed up to Tesco most mornings around rush hour... I suspect it will be worse now?

Advertisement