Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new idea that everyone will find so useful

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

OP, I wont post again on this topic , but do advise that you to discern between real world advice and uneducated opinions and random advice !

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭vertico

OP, I wont post again on this topic , but do advise that you to discern between real world advice and uneducated opinions and random advice !

I hear ya. Gonna get some advice tomorrow hopefully, thanks very much for your input

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭vertico

How is that Tec savy? I couldn't solve that problem ,

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

As far as I know this is only applicable to establishing copyright date and not patents.

6. Maintain records to effectively enforce your intellectual property rights.You will have a better chance to prevail in a dispute over intellectual property rights if you maintain sufficient, historical documentation that undoubtedly establishes your entitlement to those rights. Moreover, upon adequate proof of your intellectual property rights, government agencies in most countries will help you enforce your rights in accordance with local laws. For example, in the United States, the Office of Intellectual Property Rights in the U.S. Department of Commerce (www.usdoj.gov/oipr/) will assist businesses in the development of an enforcement strategy in the United States and in foreign countries.To save time and money in the long run, NAMM Members should consider establishing and maintaining files for collecting documents relating to your intellectual property, such as: (1) Records, letters, invoices, receipts and other documents related to the adoption, first use and ownership of your intellectual property; (2) copies of advertisements that use your intellectual property, dated as of their appearance, together with records of company expenses for that advertising; (3) yearly summaries of the amount of product sold that features the intellectual property; (4) records relating to any changes in the intellectual property; and (5) any demand letters to others who try to pirate your intellectual property.

The reason for putting the idea in writing is to establish who had the idea first ( eg himself or the brother in law). It guarantees nothing but establishes a fact for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

pipie wrote: »
    try not to do that again, you dont know who can read your email's...

Actually, we do ... but anyway.

It seems to me that the OP is telling us that he's found a new way to use an existing product. Like using your toaster to heat up stewed apples, or using the kettle to bring in a radio reception.

The only way I can see that there's anything to protect here is if the OP sells an add-on item that would allow my kettle to act as a receiver. If it's simply using the product in a different way (that's how I see the outline of the opening post) there's really nothing to protect. If there's an additional item to sell, great, but if it's just an idea to extend the use of something, I don't even see anything worth protecting.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Advertisement