Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need To Reinstall HP Printer After Every Reboot Resolved

Options
  • 09-02-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I said that I would post this here as it's been a real pain in the ... for me for over a year now. Hope it helps.

Every time I shut down and then rebooted my pc, the home network printer would not work. I had to reinstall the drivers for my HP wireless printer each time. This is how I have overcome this issue.

The kick is you will have to have your printer connected to the network and your pc before resolving this issue.

First off you should create a static IP address for your printer on your network. Sounds complicated but its not, really. Every set up will probably be slightly different so I will not go into this in to much detail.
    Here are the basics (do a google search for more comprehensive details)

Print a test page from your printer this should give you the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and Preferred DNS Server. (if not you will need these to manually configure your printers Static address).
    To access your printer open a new tab on your internet browser.
    Type in the printers current Ip address it should be something like http://192.168.1.? (if your not sure try a few, replace the ? with a number between 2 - 10. This should open up a new page with printer details/ configurations.

Once you have set up the Static IP address for the printer, follow the below instructions.

1. Uninstall all Hp printer software.

-Start, Control Panel, Programs and features.
    -locate all printer programs and uninstall.

2. Delete printer icon from the “devices and printers”.

-Start, devices and printers.
    -Delete all non-working printer icons.

3. Download Hp printer install wizard.

-Run wizard software. It should take you to new driver download for your printer.
    -Download new drivers from Hp website.
    -Install / Run.

4. Check Temp Internet Files.

-Start, type “Internet options” in search programs and files. New window opens.
    -Select “advanced” tab, in settings scroll down to security. Find and make sure the box is
    unchecked for “Empty temporary internet files folder when browser is closed.

5. You now need to disable the HP Cue Device Discovery service.

-Click Startup icon>type in the Search boc 'Services'
    -Services window will open
    -look for HP Cue Device Discovery service
    -double-click the service
    -change Startup type to DISABLE and Startup status to STOPPED
    -click Apply then OK
    -try to restart your computer

Best of luck. :cool:

Advertisement