Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtra-Vision runaround

Options
  • 09-02-2014 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

My son purchased a gaming headset for his Xbox on 3rd February from Xtra-Vision in Shannon. On the 4th he returned to the shop to report them as faulty. Fault is buzzing/static noise in his ears and also a buzzing static can be heard when playing online games by other people when he talks. Headset is IFOGZ Caliber and cost 79.99 euro.

He has had 8 visits to the store since, all of them requested by staff except one. He's had one "tech" guy that took the headset home to test them and not be able to test them because he has a PS3, the headset in question is advertised to work on PC, PS3 and Xbox, some tech guy.

According to assistant manager the headset was tested last night by a girl and she said they worked fine, yet yesterday the same assistant manager at about 6pm was going to refund except that she had just clocked up her till.

The assistant manager did not return the headset today and advised we would need to contact head office tomorrow. My son has requested a full refund. No replacement or anything have been offered by the store so far.

My son really is been given the runaround for the the past week by Xtra-Vision staff and it just looks like they are making a complete fool of him. He has dealt with all the staff in the store bar 2 at this stage. I went with my son this morning to try and sort this saga out. The assistant manager has really unprofessional, she got pure mad when we asked what qualifications her headset tester had. None we advised, except that she owns an Xbox.

I pointed out our consumer rights about faulty goods and a refund.

So lets see how the call to head office goes tomorrow.

Later edit - he did not have his wireless controller charging when buzzing/static occurred.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Just out of interest, does your son have a play and charge kit that he uses with the controller?

I've found that if I have any headset connected while also having the controller charging, I get terrible buzzing and interference over the headset as well as over the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dakkon

Just out of interest, does your son have a play and charge kit that he uses with the controller?

I've found that if I have any headset connected while also having the controller charging, I get terrible buzzing and interference over the headset as well as over the mic.

His headset is wired, so no charging kit for it. His Xbox controller is wireless and uses a charger kit and he is aware that it can cause buzzing as it happened with his previous headset when charging, he was not charging the controller when the buzzing occurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

In fairness, asking what qualifications the tester had was always going to annoy the staff.

I understand that you are frustrated but it's time to stop with the visits and make it official.

Write a letter to the store manager and cc a copy to Xtra-vision HQ. You could drop it in to the store in person or send by registered post. Outline the facts simply, and request that Xtra-vision resolve the issue within XX working days.

As you may be aware, you are entitled to a refund, replacement or refund should the goods be faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Dakkon wrote: »

I pointed out our consumer rights about faulty goods and a refund.

Can you point that out to me, cos it must have just come in?

It Repair Replacement OR Refund.

It could be a very simply issue that could be repaired very easily and once that repair is considered permanent, that should be acceptable.

Whilst the treatment is not great, your getting involved and treating the staff in a manner that your post suggests will mean they will be even less helpful - a little respect can go a LONG LONG way when you have an issue with product.

Questioning the qualifications of staff and throw BS about the RIGHT of a refund will get you nowhere. (what qualification do you need to hear a buzzing sound?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Judging by your attitude from your post its on wonder why they wont deal with you and frankly they are right not to. Also what a surprise look who is the only one to like the post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Dakkon

I was rather annoyed when I made the first post so I think that came through. It was just after I came back from visiting the shop. I was reasonable with the assistant manager when I spoke to her but her attitude annoyed me.

Anyways, I spoke to a guy in head-office and he said he was aware of the faulty headset, but did not realise the amount of visits that had been made to the shop in regards to it.

So he called back today and advised a full refund, which my son collected earlier. he also said he would be dealing with some issues they are having with the branch in question.

So all sorted, hopefully any future customers will have a better experience with returning faulty goods.

Advertisement