Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Various Consoles, Atari,Nintendo,Sega

Options
  • 09-02-2014 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

Firstly, the stuff I'm selling has all been played with, and look their age, all the consoles are loose, bar the N64. Happy to post more pictures if needed or provide further detail if required. Everything listed works fine on my CRT unless otherwise stated, but couldn't get it to tune in very well on flatscreen. I don't think this will be new info for anyone on this forum but still. Trying to be honest.

I am open to offers on everything I am selling. If you think things are too expensive, make an offer. I don't object to silly offers, if you don't object to me sometimes saying no. I'll probably leave stuff lingering here for a few weeks and then go to the far less civilised environs of Adverts. Right then.

Based in Carlow/Kilkenny area and can meet in either, or happy to post if you pay for postage via Paypal "Gift". Could also use the Parcel Motel if you don't mind paying, to send stuff, never used it before to send, but looks straightforward.

In Brief, some have other stuff with them some don't, read on for pics/fuller description.

Nintendo 64 €80
    SNES €60
    Atari 2600 Woody €60
    Atari 7800 €55
    Sega Master System 2 €45
    Sega Megadrive €35
    Sega Megadrive €35
    Sega Megadrive Power Stick €15
    Atari 2600 Jr €10
    Atari Lynx (fubar) €7.50
    Sega GameGear (also fubar) €5

First off, Sega Megadrive 16 bit console, with 2 controllers (3 button) 1 official, 1 third party, original power supply and RF lead. €35

SAM_1045_zps143f9ed3.jpg

Next off, Sega Megadrive console, 2 controllers (3 button) 1 official, 1 third party. Also a dud controller for spares if you want it. Original power supply and RF lead €35

SAM_1044_zps25c3f327.jpg

Then we have Sega Master System 2 (plays Sonic with no cart), 1 controller and 1 stick, official power supply and RF lead €45. Bit of paint on the side of this, as per photo.

SAM_1046_zps2fff5d7d.jpg
    SAM_1047_zps2176a8c2.jpg

Onto a SNES, good bit of yellowing at the front (on top and front side) that's not that clear on the photo. 2 controllers, 1 official, 1 third party Competition Pro (start button didn't seem to work but seemd to work fine otherwise, more buttons and switches on this thing than you can shake a stick at). Official power supply and RF lead. 6 loose games, working, but in varying condition (from abysmal to ok). Super Mario All-Stars, F-Zero, PGA Tour 96, Fever Pitch Soccer, Ryan Giggs World Class Soccer, All-American Championship Football. €60

SAM_1049_zps2d33a1b6.jpg
    SAM_1059_zpsc0c1ff8c.jpg

Proceeding onto an Atari 7800 console, 2 (official and crappy) controllers, RF lead, can't find the power supply, horrible feeling I have binned it, but If I find it, I will stick it in. For complete openness, please be aware what a stupid, unusual kind of connection the power supply has (as per photo). There's a mod on youtube for the technically minded, or power supplies are on fleabay for 15ish I think. Also included 5 loose cartridges, again condition of labels is only ok. Fatal Run, Xevious, Crack'ed, Desert Falcon and Xenophobe. €55

SAM_1040_zps5adac61c.jpg
    SAM_1043_zpsa97cc4f3.jpg

Leading to Atari 2600 "Jr". Console only. €10

SAM_1054_zpse5017f0a.jpg

Sashaying toward an Atari 2600 "Woody" 6 Switch. Atari-Wong manufactured going by the label. 2 joystick controllers, 1 official, one third party (with a sucker missing from base), 2 standard paddles, 2 driving paddles (never really got to grips with using any of the paddles though, virtually impossible to use!). Theres another official joystick which works perfectly unless you want to go upwards, then, not so much. Also included, 3rd party power supply and the RF is permanently part of the console. €60

SAM_1050_zpsc5d756b9.jpg

Advancing menacingly toward a Sega Mega Drive Power Stick. Hefty bit of kit. €15

SAM_1048_zps9612972e.jpg

Forward rolling toward next on the list. Sega Game Gear. Banjaxed. Screen appears to half work at times, couple of times it improved but mostly its crap. Spares or repair €5

SAM_1055_zps40691167.jpg

Shuffling quietly onto Atari Lynx. Not much good about it, screen doesn't seem to work any more, big scratch on right side of duff screen, rubber bumpers missing from back. What is good though is the speakers work perfectly and Warbirds game is included so you can listen to the lovely start music on a constant loop. Better than any MP3 player. €7.50, or €5 for the game on its own.

2014-02-09142857_zps431a8fdc.jpg
    2014-02-09142906_zps224ee009.jpg

Hopping, with a touch of sadness on to my final offering. Nintendo 64. Boxed, polystyrene has lost a bit of the side and box is bit battered but complete. Includes 2 controllers, 1 official, 1 Sharkpro 64 if you don't mind, RF unit, power supply, 3 third party memory cards (2 factory sealed), 3 rumble paks, 1 official, 2 third party, official gameboy transfer pak. 6 games, Banjo-Kazooie boxed with instructions, 5 loose. Super Mario 64, Goldeneye, Pokemon Stadium, F1 World Grand Prix, World Cup 98. €85

SAM_1051_zps14a7abce.jpg

Will hopefully list few games for some of the systems when my brain stops frying. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Offer €5 for the Lynx & game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Myrddin wrote: »
    Offer €5 for the Lynx & game.

Thanks for offer, but I will hold out for a while, if it drags on a few weeks, and you still want it, maybe then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thanks for offer, but I will hold out for a while, if it drags on a few weeks, and you still want it, maybe then.

No probs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Interested in the Game Gear and Mega power stick thing at asking. You around Dublin or able to Parcel Motel them ?

Interested in the Game Gear and Mega power stick thing at asking. You around Dublin or able to Parcel Motel them ?

Would be delighted to sell them to you at asking, not in Dublin sorry, I could Parcel Motel them, never used it before to send, would have a wait for a while as I have no ink in my printer, some on the way from amazon.

• Advertisement

Would be delighted to sell them to you at asking, not in Dublin sorry, I could Parcel Motel them, never used it before to send, would have a wait for a while as I have no ink in my printer, some on the way from amazon.

No worries, let me know when you're ready to send them and I'll get you the money.

All very standard stuff I have listed so not really surprised it's not selling. Perhaps it was over priced on some of it/all of it maybe, but thought that would leave haggle room and was open to offers. I will still sell the game gear and power stick if the wait isn't a problem for Last Bandit, the eternal wait for printer ink continues, but might well just hang onto the other stuff, none of the consoles are eating anything and the thought of Adverts doesn't fill me with joy. No point in selling my games if I am going to keep the consoles, what will I have to play on them!

Even if this listing has made me no money, I actually enjoyed getting all the bits together and playing with them again, and showing the kids what delights the atari 2600 could offer (not many as it turns out!)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You'd probably have decent enough luck selling the remaining stuff on adverts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I'm terrible at haggling. If I like a price, I will take it. My son has got into retro games (he is 10) lately and is playing the old minecraft. Shocking, considering the PS3 is there and he has the DS XL.

Anyway, What will you let the Nintendo 64 package go for? Never owned one, but used to play GoldenEye at a friends house and it was a good game to play.

Also interested in the Sega Megadrive 2. What games do you have with it? I think I was like 6, or 7 when I owned one of those. Had the sonic game :)

Oh and I get my ink pretty quickly and cheaply from www.inkredible.co.uk

pm me

goz83 wrote: »
    I'm terrible at haggling. If I like a price, I will take it. My son has got into retro games (he is 10) lately and is playing the old minecraft. Shocking, considering the PS3 is there and he has the DS XL.

Anyway, What will you let the Nintendo 64 package go for? Never owned one, but used to play GoldenEye at a friends house and it was a good game to play.

Also interested in the Sega Megadrive 2. What games do you have with it? I think I was like 6, or 7 when I owned one of those. Had the sonic game :)

Oh and I get my ink pretty quickly and cheaply from www.inkredible.co.uk

pm me

Ink already ordered but will check that lot next time thanks. Can't remember what I have for the megadrive. Definitely a ice hockey/ John Madden double header, would throw that in for whatever price and think at least one sonic, powermonger, syndicate not sure what else. Offer away, genuinely won't be offended. Look to see what stuff goes for on adverts or eBay then offer what you think. The N64 comes with stuff as listed, Goldeneye was great at the time, hope your rose coloured glasses are the rosiest to still see it as great!

Edit:will have a look what megadrive games I have when I finish this run of Night duties.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

some games are collectors items 1000 euro I would check them before you sell

some games are collectors items 1000 euro I would check them before you sell

Not a chance I have anything that rare unfortunately, probably not even 10 euro! Run of the mill stuff. I always have a look online, price guide site was suggested to me and eBay and the like when checking rarer looking games (that don't turn out to be rare at all)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

I would like the woody and the 7800, what would you do for the two posted/parcel motel? mad I missed the mega drive controller...

I would like the woody and the 7800, what would you do for the two posted/parcel motel? mad I missed the mega drive controller...

If you read back It might take few days with parcel Motel, if that's OK. I would take 85 for the 2 if that's any good , plus the pm fees. Think the megadrive stick is gone, I will make sure last bandit still wants it, he has been incredibly patient.

cool, price agreed. let me know when and the total and I'll send the money. I'm sure I've bought from you before?

cool, price agreed. let me know when and the total and I'll send the money. I'm sure I've bought from you before?

Must have been the Amigas was it? Haven't sold anything else. Hope they are still working OK!

Yep still interested in it :) No rush with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Still got the SNES ? Where are you based ?

Ianobeano wrote: »
    Still got the SNES ? Where are you based ?

Yep still have the snes, based on border of Carlow/Kilkenny.

Yep still have the snes, based on border of Carlow/Kilkenny.

How much would you take for it and the games posted to Dublin ?

• Advertisement

How much would you take for it and the games posted to Dublin ?

I'd take 50 plus whatever postage costs if that is any good. If you want any more photos before deciding let me know, as I said in op, bit of yellowing on front of the snes, and cartridges are cosmetically very very bad for one or two of them, as per photo. No idea what an post would be, but if you had parcel Motel it would be 5.50 for me to send it to your parcel Motel but then you would have additional 3.50 to pay to collect it.

I'd take 50 plus whatever postage costs if that is any good. If you want any more photos before deciding let me know, as I said in op, bit of yellowing on front of the snes, and cartridges are cosmetically very very bad for one or two of them, as per photo. No idea what an post would be, but if you had parcel Motel it would be 5.50 for me to send it to your parcel Motel but then you would have additional 3.50 to pay to collect it.

That's sounds good, can you hold for a few dsys( parcel motel virgin here ) and I'll get that set up.

That's sounds good, can you hold for a few dsys( parcel motel virgin here ) and I'll get that set up.

That's fine, no hurry at all, let me know when it's sorted, I can't send anything yet as my wait for ink continues!

Sorry, forgot to answer you. I could offer you the n64 for 65 euro plus whatever it would cost to post.

Apologies again for not replying quicker.

yeah, I bought the amiga's. youre username leaves you hard to forget. all still ok with them.

The Last Bandit has paid for the Game Gear and Sega Powerstick. SOLD
    daingeanrob has paid for the Atari 2600 woody and Atari 7800. SOLD

Thanks lads, will deliver these to Parcel Motel tomorrow.

UPDATED LIST.

Firstly, the stuff I'm selling has all been played with, and look their age, all the consoles are loose, bar the N64. Happy to post more pictures if needed or provide further detail if required. Everything listed works fine on my CRT unless otherwise stated, but couldn't get it to tune in very well on flatscreen. I don't think this will be new info for anyone on this forum but still. Trying to be honest.

I am open to offers on everything I am selling. If you think things are too expensive, make an offer. I don't object to silly offers, if you don't object to me sometimes saying no. I'll probably leave stuff lingering here for a few weeks and then go to the far less civilised environs of Adverts. Right then.

Based in Carlow/Kilkenny area and can meet in either, or happy to post if you pay for postage via Paypal "Gift". Could also use the Parcel Motel if you don't mind paying, to send stuff, never used it before to send, but looks straightforward.

In Brief, some have other stuff with them some don't, read on for pics/fuller description.

Nintendo 64 €80
    SNES €60 RESERVED
    Atari 2600 Woody €60 SOLD
    Atari 7800 €55 SOLD
    Sega Master System 2 €45
    Sega Megadrive €35
    Sega Megadrive €35
    Sega Megadrive Power Stick €15 SOLD
    Atari 2600 Jr €10
    Atari Lynx (fubar) €7.50
    Sega GameGear (also fubar) €5 SOLD

First off, Sega Megadrive 16 bit console, with 2 controllers (3 button) 1 official, 1 third party, original power supply and RF lead. €35

SAM_1045_zps143f9ed3.jpg

Next off, Sega Megadrive console, 2 controllers (3 button) 1 official, 1 third party. Also a dud controller for spares if you want it. Original power supply and RF lead €35

SAM_1044_zps25c3f327.jpg

Then we have Sega Master System 2 (plays Sonic with no cart), 1 controller and 1 stick, official power supply and RF lead €45. Bit of paint on the side of this, as per photo.

SAM_1046_zps2fff5d7d.jpg
    SAM_1047_zps2176a8c2.jpg

Onto a SNES, good bit of yellowing at the front (on top and front side) that's not that clear on the photo. 2 controllers, 1 official, 1 third party Competition Pro (start button didn't seem to work but seemd to work fine otherwise, more buttons and switches on this thing than you can shake a stick at). Official power supply and RF lead. 6 loose games, working, but in varying condition (from abysmal to ok). Super Mario All-Stars, F-Zero, PGA Tour 96, Fever Pitch Soccer, Ryan Giggs World Class Soccer, All-American Championship Football. €60

SAM_1049_zps2d33a1b6.jpg
    SAM_1059_zpsc0c1ff8c.jpg

Leading to Atari 2600 "Jr". Console only. €10

SAM_1054_zpse5017f0a.jpg

Shuffling quietly onto Atari Lynx. Not much good about it, screen doesn't seem to work any more, big scratch on right side of duff screen, rubber bumpers missing from back. What is good though is the speakers work perfectly and Warbirds game is included so you can listen to the lovely start music on a constant loop. Better than any MP3 player. €7.50, or €5 for the game on its own.

2014-02-09142857_zps431a8fdc.jpg
    2014-02-09142906_zps224ee009.jpg

Hopping, with a touch of sadness on to my final offering. Nintendo 64. Boxed, polystyrene has lost a bit of the side and box is bit battered but complete. Includes 2 controllers, 1 official, 1 Sharkpro 64 if you don't mind, RF unit, power supply, 3 third party memory cards (2 factory sealed), 3 rumble paks, 1 official, 2 third party, official gameboy transfer pak. 6 games, Banjo-Kazooie boxed with instructions, 5 loose. Super Mario 64, Goldeneye, Pokemon Stadium, F1 World Grand Prix, World Cup 98. €85

SAM_1051_zps14a7abce.jpg

UPDATED LIST, STILL OPEN TO OFFERS

Nintendo 64 €70
    SNES €60 SOLD
    Atari 2600 Woody €60 SOLD
    Atari 7800 €55 SOLD
    Sega Master System 2 €35
    Sega Megadrive €30
    Sega Megadrive €30
    Sega Megadrive Power Stick €15 SOLD
    Atari 2600 Jr €10
    Atari Lynx (fubar) €7.50
    Sega GameGear (also fubar) €5 SOLD

Prices reduced a small bit on some of what's left, still open to offers. Please read OP for the details and few pictures. Can post or Parcel Motel as needed (Parcel Motel doesn't seem to be very quick to me), happy with Paypal or Postal Order. Won't bother with adverts, if they don't shift in a couple of weeks, which looks likely, I will hang onto them. Am still going to list all my atari 2600 cartridges once I am done with the consoles, few Megadrive Carts and few Master system carts, none of which, to my knowledge, are rare or unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I would be willing to pay €85 for the N64 & SegaMegadrive 2 with all the gear and games you have for them. I will cover Parcel Motel costs.

• Advertisement

I would be willing to pay €85 for the N64 & SegaMegadrive 2 with all the gear and games you have for them. I will cover Parcel Motel costs.

For the mk2 megadrive and n64? Thanks for offer, I'll have a think on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement