Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

alpha innotec ground source heatpump

• 09-02-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

12kw Alpha Innotech GSHP running for over 5 years with very good results in heating.
    Service water has never performed as well even from installation.Installers out of business.
    Historic and current problems with achieving satisfactory service water temperatures.
    If the desired temp.is set to say 42c it will decrease to mid 30s within a week automatically.
    Consistent ALARM CODE 716 /HIGH PRESSURE coming on and has to be reset.
    This alarm sequence times are normally during the off time switch cycle ie when there is no demand for heating or service water and the heat pump is operating within its own circulation loop.
    l have also a pressure loss in the ground loop system since new and because it is minor have not dealt with it to date.

Wondering has anybody come across similar issues with achieving hot service water or the pressure alarm code 716?

Advice on the subjects appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 The Hurricane

Hi 55 Scorpio ,

I too have a 12 KW Alpha Innotech Heat pump ( Model SWC 1205) and its working fine. I had issues with the high pressure error code 716 in the beginning but that was because I had been trying to control it with a motorised valve availing only of night saver electricity. ( long story going back to an initial installation. ) Anyway there is a company which have taken over the Alpha Innotech brands and they offer a great service they are part of www.Origen.ie but if you send me a personal message I can give you individual contact details and would be interested in seeing how your Heat Pump compares to mine in terms of heat return temperatures and annual ESB bill etc. They have one of the most experienced refrigeration engineers in the business who was also an electrician and plumber, the most knowledgeable tradesman I ever met a genius problem solver and I came across some good ones and a few clowns too who thought they were knowledgeable!

Basically I think that error high pressure is where the sends a dart of water through the system and tests if the water needs to be heated and sometimes it gets blocked through airlock or other reason and as a precaution machine shouts off with this high pressure error. Have you a motorised valve on the system manifolds ?

Advertisement