Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Square face

• 09-02-2014 4:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi I feel really bad, every time I look in the mirror, due to the squareness of my chin and jawline. I'm not a hypochrondriac obsessed about their appearance, I've a fairly good job, am good with people, but this really affects my confidence, I feel ugly. I've got great skin, people say lovely eye's, but I feel like an ugly duckling.

I probably shouldn't be posting this here,sorry Mods.

Comments

People rarely see the same thing as others do when they look in the mirror. Often we only see what we consider flaws, to the exclusion of all that's good and pretty about us.

Sophie Ellis Bextor has an extremely angular, square face, but no one could call her unattractive. If it bothers you, perhaps you could learn to use shading around the 'sharpest' angles to soften the shape of your face, but I'd encourage you to think more positively about your looks, and to ask yourself if a person with a round face is considered ugly because of it, or a heart shaped face...we're all just different. Jennifer Aniston has a very square jaw, and uses her haircut to great effect in neutralising it.

Ask someone who loves you what your most attractive facial features are, and make yourself see them in the mirror. Otherwise you'll just look for what you consider your problems. Learning to love and accept yourself as you are is a very hard thing, but you don't want to live your life not appreciating your attractive qualities either. So much energy is wasted on things we can't change.

I know I've probably not helped, but it genuinely gets to me how harshly we can judge ourselves and how we can let it dominate so much of our lives. I bet you're a lovely girl, and few (if any) people give a second thought to the shape of your face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Have you got a good hairdresser that you could ask their opinion? Maybe some fringing, changing split, layers or length will soften the aspects you would like softened?

Advertisement