Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outlook calendar sync with Lumia 920.

• 09-02-2014 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭

I've been trying to sync my calendar with my 920 for the past while and it's been doing my head in.
    I can view my full calendar going back years in Outlook.com and in Hotmail. I've installed Outlook Connector in Outlook 2007 on my PC. I've even copied the calendar into my Gmail account and can see everything as it should be on my PC.
    When I try to sync it on to my 920 though all I can see are a few entries and all the birthday reminders.
    Anybody had similar issues or know how it can be fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

I just use the Hotmail calendar in outlook and on my phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭Stiletto72

Down South wrote: »
    I just use the Hotmail calendar in outlook and on my phone

If you enter calendar info into your Hotmail calendar on your PC, how do you sync it to your phone?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Stiletto72 wrote: »
    If you enter calendar info into your Hotmail calendar on your PC, how do you sync it to your phone?

It automatically syncs if your hotmail/outlook account is the same as the one you use on your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

I think the big problem is that it only syncs for about a month, either side of current date. I had to check recently that all my calendar entries were still there on my live.com account as they were not showing up on my 925.

Not sure if there is a way of showing the outlook calendar in total on the win 8 phone system, anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

With the calendar that comes with the OS I can't see any way to configure the sync window. There are plenty of Calendar Apps that will give you that sort of control.

Personally I use True Calendar 8 but I'd suggest you download a couple or so and play around until you find the one you like best. I pinned them next to each other to see how their live tiles compare.

• Advertisement

Actually, I just downloaded / installed Office 365 Calendar app and am quite happy with it, the live tile is good and customisable, you can set it so see up to 3 yrs ahead or behind on you outlook calendar. Mind though, the initial app for just Office 365 set up is free but it is 99c for the version that will import Outlook, Hotmail, Gmail and other accounts. I would still recommend it.

I also use Lock Manager Free to display the next 4 appointments on my lock screen, it can also be set up for weather on the lock screen, again quite a good app

Thanks for the replies chaps.
    OldGuysRule, I think you may be correct in saying that it only displays back in time a preset amount. Perhaps that is that problem I am encountering.
    I'll have a look at some other calendar apps and see if they will allow me to impoort the entire calendar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Actually, I just downloaded / installed Office 365 Calendar app and am quite happy with it, the live tile is good and customisable, you can set it so see up to 3 yrs ahead or behind on you outlook calendar. Mind though, the initial app for just Office 365 set up is free but it is 99c for the version that will import Outlook, Hotmail, Gmail and other accounts. I would still recommend it.

That's a nice app. There is a 5 day trial of the paid app under the name VsysCalendar 365 but I'd say it's well worth the 99c if I decide to swap :)

Looks like Office 365 Calendar is my best option.
    Can't grumble about paying 99c for it but I would like to store events going back longer than 3 years. My N8 didn't have this restriction.

Thanks again for your help.

The events will be still stored on your calendar online, it is only that the phone will download and display events going back three years. All your calendar files will still be there

• Advertisement

The events will be still stored on your calendar online, it is only that the phone will download and display events going back three years. All your calendar files will still be there

Yeah, I saw that alright, cheers.
    I'll pay the 99c and go with this option.

Advertisement