Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULSU elections rumours 2014

Options
  • 09-02-2014 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

well lads we're getting close to that time of year again

so far i have heard rumours from only president and welfare

President
    • Emma Porter
    • Paddy Rockett
    • Lorna Bogue
    Welfare

• Paul Austin
    • Meghan O' Hara

Anybody heard anything else ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Paddy Rockett won't run again.
    Possibly Patrick Mulcahy for president. I know people are trying to persuade him to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Evergreen23

How would people evaluate this years officers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

kragmite wrote: »

President
    • Emma Porter
    • Paddy Rockett
    • Lorna Bogue
    Welfare

• Paul Austin
    • Meghan O' Hara

AFAIK Paddy cant run again, even if he would like to. Council brought in a term limit of 3 years last spring IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

President
    • Emma Porter
    • Paddy Rockett
    • Lorna Bogue
    Welfare

• Paul Austin
    • Meghan O' Hara

I thought Paul Austin had to go back to the army in September? Maybe I'm mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

President
    • Emma Porter
    • Paddy Rockett
    • Lorna Bogue
    Welfare

• Paul Austin
    • Meghan O' Hara

At this rate Paddy will end up being the next Dj Ber in Stables, never leaving UL!

Forgive my absent-mindedness, what week exactly are elections again? After RAG week right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Doctor_Mossie

There are rumors that Brian Stewart is considering going for president- he's always been so firmly involved in the union.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Heard that Cathal Ronan is thinking of running for welfare or else PSU president.

Think he would be a fine candidate for either.

Brian Stewart is 95% confirmed for it, having spoken to him recently.

Paddy has done a fantastic job from all reports, will be a great loss if he decides not to run again.

Darragh Roche going for welfare. Another fine candidate who would slip into the role, will be a tight battle between him and Cathal.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Emma is doing a fantastic job.

Catríona has been great to deal with the few times I've had to.

It would be more polite if I said nothing about Paddy, so I'll keep my mouth shut. If you can't say anything nice, better to say nothing at all ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

Since the Rumor mill has started I must state publicly that I am seeking nomination to the role of President.

Naw ! Only messing kids! No! Dear God no! I am not running for election this year. Every year of my term has had me involved in elections in some way shape or form. It has been a massive privilege to work for and represent you and my time has come to (As a wise man put it) "step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure"

I cannot wait to see the standard of students running this year. I have been approached by 2 students interested in my position and one thing is for certain each position is going to be hotly contested.

But other than that, its a no for me running for election again, Christ I should have Big Dons job by now.

Tally ho! and Best of luck to anyone thinking of running - My door is always open if you want to have a chat.

Paddy
    Soon to be not ULSU VP/Academic
    DUN! DUN! DUUUUUN!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

World ain't too bad Paddy. Was thinking about a comeback but I like the money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

DJCR wrote: »

A comeback? DJ you never even started pal.didnt you get trounced by some ugly bitch in the welfare elections a few years back

DJCR wrote: »

Oh yes! just for the ballot sheet DJCR! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

No and no ..... and yes to Paddy.

• Site Banned Posts: 19 Reptile_

Well thanks and good luck to officer Rockett. The last of the poisoned Daly dynasty. I certainly hope current officers have learned from the previous one's mistakes not to run again. Looking at you here Emma porter, your time is done, get out and get a job.

I could really brian stewart in the head position, brings a bit of craic/common sense to SU politics and be nice to a students' student on the cmte rather tham some board serving prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Reptile_ wrote: »
    Well thanks and good luck to officer Rockett. The last of the poisoned Daly dynasty. I certainly hope current officers have learned from the previous one's mistakes not to run again. Looking at you here Emma porter, your time is done, get out and get a job.

I could really brian stewart in the head position, brings a bit of craic/common sense to SU politics and be nice to a students' student on the cmte rather tham some board serving prick.

awwwh first one of the year

let's try stay on topic and stay civil guys. can we spare a thought for the poor taxi drivers of castletroy cabs who are losing their gravy train at the end of this year.

Who says I'm not going working for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

let's try stay on topic and stay civil guys. can we spare a thought for the poor taxi drivers of castletroy cabs who are losing their gravy train at the end of this year.

How do you mean?

can't wait to meet rockett man once he's shed his su coat so he can give me the full force of his angst. none of this nice guy internet antics while he's still on the su buck.

let's just say if emma porter was a biscuit she'd be a soggy rich tea, never met someone so bland in my entire life. you'd almost miss dodgy deccy.

now this is a proper biscuit 21.jpg

• Advertisement

I think the transparency this year was welcomed, for example Officers declared their expenses publicly.
    Having said that it should have been done the previous year!

I think the transparency this year was welcomed, for example Officers declared their expenses publicly.
    Having said that it should have been done the previous year!

do you have anything to do with emma porter or your wan catriona? i can smell a shill a mile away. where are these expenses published? i wonder how much they spend on taxis.

do you have anything to do with emma porter or your wan catriona? i can smell a shill a mile away. where are these expenses published? i wonder how much they spend on taxis.

Nothing to do with them at all.

Why you so nasty Cathal :)

ah would you stop. Leave CR out of this, only genuine man in su politics.

ah would you stop. Leave CR out of this, only genuine man in su politics.

Whats your issue with Emma Porter?

She has done an excellent job!!!

Whats your issue with Emma Porter?

She has done an excellent job!!!

i have absolutely nothing against Emma Porter, he seems like a lovely 15 year old boy Im sure he's great craic to play fifa with.

now Catriona Ni Dhonnchu, she'd be a hobnob, looks a bit plain at the start, but so full of texture they are very distinct.

Does that make Lily Carroll??

Tough on the outside, pumped full of goo, but I still can't understand how anybody can squeeze it inside her!!!

kimberley. as you said, a tough shell but a gooey mix on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MiceAndMen

If someone could poke a mod to kick the ****ty sexist trolls out of the dungeon, that'd be great, cheers.

• Advertisement

MiceAndMen wrote: »
    If someone could poke a mod to kick the ****ty sexist trolls out of the dungeon, that'd be great, cheers.

who are you implying is sexist there john steinbeck?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement