Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULSU elections rumours 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I still have a valid student card, damn and blast that 3 year rule I drafted into the constitution!!

There was never any issue with declaring expenses, some officers just had difficulty controlling them ;)

Anyhow, best of luck to all the runners and riders, which reminds me, I'm due a photoshoot in a four-poster with my incestuous SU clique of bygone times :p

• Site Banned Posts: 19 Reptile_

and deccy is the proverbial bourbon, the bovril of biscuits. either love him or hate him, some of us just can't live without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

ninty9er wrote: »
    I still have a valid student card, damn and blast that 3 year rule I drafted into the constitution!!

A valid student card isn't enough.. You have to be registered with UL. I know someone who graduated 2 years ago but the card was issued until 2015.
    Brian Stewart is 95% confirmed for it, having spoken to him recently.

Darragh Roche going for welfare. Another fine candidate who would slip into the role, will be a tight battle between him and Cathal.

Brian is confirmed each year. I hear he is actually going to just be a puppet for the only true president.

Darragh would make a good welfare officer.

16. Reopen nominations (RON) shall be a candidate in all union elections where the electronic voting system allows for such option to be facilitated effectively.

I hear Kevin Lally is going to run for president but he is worried that RON would make a better candidate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭goldencrisp62

ninty9er wrote: »

There was never any issue with declaring expenses, some officers just had difficulty controlling them ;)

Anyhow, best of luck to all the runners and riders, which reminds me, I'm due a photoshoot in a four-poster with my incestuous SU clique of bygone times :p

Any hope of you returning to the campus and the lodge in the near future Deccy?

Be great to see you back cruising on campus.

Didn't you compete in some election before Christmas for a vacancy doing admin in the SU photocopy room, but they kicked you out because your papers weren't in order??

:P
    reunion wrote: »

I hear Kevin Lally is going to run for president but he is worried that RON would make a better candidate.

Well Lally is a post grad student so only eligible for PSU elections.

I'd love a team of Brian Stewart President SU, Rockett Educatiom, Kevin Lally President of PSU, and then 15 year old boy as welfare, would surely do a better job than Curly Sue did this year.

In fairness Cathal would make a great PSU president.

Also for what it's worth, Rockett actually is entitled to run again...The ruling only came into play at the beginning of his third year in charge, so he can run for two more years. Don't be surprised if he changes his mind and decides to go for another crack at it. I left my jacket in a castletroy cab one night and the next day I was in college Rockett was wearing the exact same jacket!! The fucker has some sort of deal going on with that firm and I don't like it one bit.

Well Lally is a post grad student so only eligible for PSU elections.

I'd love a team of Brian Stewart President SU, Rockett Educatiom, Kevin Lally President of PSU, and then 15 year old boy as welfare, would surely do a better job than Curly Sue did this year.

In fairness Cathal would make a great PSU president.

Also for what it's worth, Rockett actually is entitled to run again...The ruling only came into play at the beginning of his third year in charge, so he can run for two more years. Don't be surprised if he changes his mind and decides to go for another crack at it. I left my jacket in a castletroy cab one night and the next day I was in college Rockett was wearing the exact same jacket!! The fucker has some sort of deal going on with that firm and I don't like it one bit.

Nope. Every student on campus is a member of the Students' Union; post-grads are members of both unions.

Rockett isn't entitled to run again; the wording voted on at the AGM last year meant that he would have had to step down immediately but it was changed to people running for office. So he can hold a sabbat position but he can't run for election.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭goldencrisp62

No he can 100% run again, you need to go back and review the change.

(point 9) No member shall be eligible to stand for and serve more than two sabbatical terms of office.
    So actually it wasn't changed. Paddy, in theory, shouldn't be in office.

So before this get's derailed; any other rumours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

So actually it wasn't changed. Paddy, in theory, shouldn't be in office.

So before this get's derailed; any other rumours?

I hear some lad doing a postgrad that is part of chess club apparently is running for pres.... can't be sure now :D

freyners wrote: »
    I hear some lad doing a postgrad that is part of chess club apparently is running for pres.... can't be sure now :D

Yeah I heard that too... He seemed a little racist though tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

That'd be amusing to see.

I'd like to see Emma and Caitriona stay on, as I've seen the good work they've done this year, more than most I'd say. Paddy's been a fairly good Education officer, to be honest.

I know who I would vote for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Popoutman wrote: »
    That'd be amusing to see.

I'd like to see Emma and Caitriona stay on, as I've seen the good work they've done this year, more than most I'd say. Paddy's been a fairly good Education officer, to be honest.

I know who I would vote for.

I'm still waiting for cambridge to throw his hat in the ring:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If Darragh does run, I'm booking my seat at Hustings now... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Hey guys what about the PSU president?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cadroc

As far as I've heard Brian Stewart and Megan O'Hara are running a ticket for President and Welfare.

I heard that Adam Moursy is thinking of running again this year but this time for education.

I also heard Lorna Bogue for President. If that's true expect it to be like SoUL week. All these extravagant plans that don't materialise and results in the week being a complete flop. (except for two events which would be successful at any time of year. Puppies in the union and Hip Hop Karaoke in Scholars. Neither of these would I attribute to Ms. Bogue.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

For all potential candidates who hold a boards account, anyone who offers me a leaflet or a bag of sweets or tries to stop and talk to me when I'm clearly trying to go somewhere, you've lost my vote, not just for this election, but for all future elections. Wrecks my head. Here's a leaflet and a lollypop. Do you want to hear about all the things x can do, and already has done in the past, for you. No. No I don't. I'm late for class. In the past I've nodded and pacified but no longer. Don't know anyone going for office, if I do I'll give them my vote. Otherwise I won't vote. Pointless. I won't vote on something I don't understand, I won't have a leg to stand on then if I voted for someone and they turned out to be ****e. At least if I didn't vote I can state that afterwards... :)

For all potential candidates who hold a boards account, anyone who offers me a leaflet or a bag of sweets or tries to stop and talk to me when I'm clearly trying to go somewhere, you've lost my vote, not just for this election, but for all future elections. Wrecks my head. Here's a leaflet and a lollypop. Do you want to hear about all the things x can do, and already has done in the past, for you. No. No I don't. I'm late for class. In the past I've nodded and pacified but no longer. Don't know anyone going for office, if I do I'll give them my vote. Otherwise I won't vote. Pointless. I won't vote on something I don't understand, I won't have a leg to stand on then if I voted for someone and they turned out to be ****e. At least if I didn't vote I can state that afterwards... :)

but what about the counter arguments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

If I feel like voting I'll look up candidates myself..
    If I'm sitting at a table drinking a coffee between 5 past the hour and 20 to the next hour, you can ask politely to talk about candidate and I'll probably say yes.
    Don't like it forced upon me..

If I feel like voting I'll look up candidates myself..
    If I'm sitting at a table drinking a coffee between 5 past the hour and 20 to the next hour, you can ask politely to talk about candidate and I'll probably say yes.
    Don't like it forced upon me..

Pro tip: avoid Red Raisins, which is easy to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Would love to are morsey back in office, a member of the great trifecta of 2013!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Well_Then

Carol Hennessy (International soc) for welfare and Mike Forde (Surf Club) for Academic are two rumors I've heard so far. Apparently the Lorna Bouge for president thing isn't true.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Russellynx

I hope what I heard in Red raisin's today isn't true. Apparently, the person behind the abomination that was the Josef Fritzel themed campaign of 2009 is thinking of running for SU president again.

Russellynx wrote: »
    I hope what I heard in Red raisin's today isn't true. Apparently, the person behind the abomination that was the Josef Fritzel themed campaign of 2009 is thinking of running for SU president again.

I support anything that makes it more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Was talking to Moursey today, looks like him and Cathal are both running again.

Getting the band back together. Too bad Paddy gone he could have been the "Hollywood" to "Big Sexy" Cathal and "The Bad Guy" Moursey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Russellynx

seriously how bad can the job market be if people who were evicted from their previous roles are looking for another go at it. i'd rather do a jobsbridge than try get on the su gravy train again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

seriously how bad can the job market be if people who were evicted from their previous roles are looking for another go at it. i'd rather do a jobsbridge than try get on the su gravy train again.

Most JobsBridge internships lack the fringe benefits of near unlimited sex with impressionable freshers.

That's the reason choo choo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Subutai wrote: »
    Most JobsBridge internships lack the fringe benefits of near unlimited sex with impressionable freshers.

Hmmm... Is it too late to register to run?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dementedmole5

Tommy Bolger is running for president...he'd be better than the fairies that usually get the job

• Advertisement

Tommy Bolger is running for president...he'd be better than the fairies that usually get the job

At least wait until election week before you begin campaigning for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement