Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULSU elections rumours 2014

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Russellynx

Tommy Bolger is running for president...he'd be better than the fairies that usually get the job

not sure what to say about this? poor choice of words? fairies has other concoctions in your part of the village? homophobic? sexist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Wow disgusting vernacular used, expext tommy bolger has already lost the four hundred votes from the out in UL soc, should really be more careful with choosing his campaign team. I'll be campaigning for Adam anyway. Any rumours on PSU elections?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Well_Then

A friend on council told me Tommy was seen at the USI talk on monday however I don't think he's going to be a serious candidate.

I've heard Adams name pop up but apparently he's not running. If he did run for SU again I think a few eyebrows would be raised. Running for a second term after your first is fine but running after you were defeated when you ran for re-election...erm..

Are PhDs students obliged to take a sabbatical year if they are psu presidents? Ora can they continue on concurrently doing both

Carlow4Sam wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm not quite sure who wrote the comment above mentioning the mythical creature from Irish folklore. What sprung to mind when reading the thread that ensued was a video posted by the Iona Institute just over a year ago. I know I'm only promoting the sheer archaic nature of the Iona Institute by sharing the video below but it definitely makes you think about "how far we've come". but I'm sure whoever wrote the comment didn't mean it in that way just rather allowed their passion get the better of them for a brief moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaRK-0W5HQI

How and ever the purpose of this post is to confirm the rumour that I will be running for president and that, believe it or not, I am not from the Dark ages :)

And the purpose of this thread is to share what we've heard about people running so apologies for the small rant above, I'm new to Boards this is actually my first post. The only rumor I've heard is Cathal for PSU but not sure how much truth is in that.

Tommy
    Hi tommy welcome to boards can you tell us a bit about yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Russellynx wrote: »
    Hi tommy welcome to boards can you tell us a bit about yourself

Might be best to save that for the actual election thread once all the candidates are announced, just have everything in one place.

Just in my opinion.

This isn't the clearsil and hormones forum so your opinion doesn't count

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

This isn't the clearsil and hormones forum so your opinion doesn't count

If my last post came across as backseat modding, then apologies, it wasn't the intention, twas just a suggestion.

Carlow4Sam wrote: »
    First of all thanks for the welcoming message. With regard to your question, I hope I get to answer it thoroughly, in person, during the campaign week.

Yeah it's probably a good idea for you not to interact with the users of boards. Already you've already outed yourself as a anti-Iona institute homophobe, if that doesn't alienate you from 99% of the community I don't know what will .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    If my last post came across as backseat modding, then apologies, it wasn't the intention, twas just a suggestion.

I say it hard to change hats :pac: but you have a point, not from a modding point of view. If Tommy begins to campaign now it might lead to him being in trouble with the ERB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mahonykid

Whoever brings the free condoms back to the SU get mys vote.. ....that is all

Who wants to be the PSU president?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Jester252 wrote: »
    Who wants to be the PSU president?

According to the latest email, no-one. Rod wins by default

Probably because PSU president has less of a chance with impressionable freshers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

freyners wrote: »
    According to the latest email, no-one. Rod wins by default

Probably because PSU president has less of a chance with impressionable freshers:D

In rod we trust.

I heard a very talented former an focal editor is going for Su president.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG-kCdmU0JY4OQbw1uODHcP5UBbdURK8oykAQVIlKyeYYpeRmvww
    In rod we trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I heard a very talented former an focal editor is going for Su president.

I heard that too but not sure if its certain

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I heard that too but not sure if its certain

only time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

mahonykid wrote: »
    Whoever brings the free condoms back to the SU get mys vote.. ....that is all

Have they got rid of the free condoms? My lady friend is abroad so I wouldn't know :o

I always thought they should leave them in a big bucket outside the office, much more convenient. Would vote for anyone who did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cadroc

It's a euro for some durex...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

Cadroc wrote: »
    It's a euro for some durex...

euro > Free

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Darth Frodo

Let ϵ > 0.

students demand condoms for < ϵ euro ∀ ϵ and ULSU should meet demand of population

=> condoms = 0 euro.

Enjoy the less quality Mojos than.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What about Triona?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

Did she express an interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 marblepaper

What I have heard so far...Bogue for PREZ. Cathal Ronan for PSU. Tríona? ? ?

ryanf1 wrote: »
    What about Triona?

She seem to be rumoured every year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 marblepaper

Jester252 wrote: »
    She seem to be rumoured every year

I can't see her running to be honest, her name comes up regularly but she denies it every time towards the end of the week.
    Tríona is a prominent figure around UL and recently has been seen around C & S, but did she resign from a position in Class Reps a few years ago? Can anyone confirm this? There is potential there, too. I can't see her running to be honest, her name comes up regularly but she denies it every time towards the end of the week. I would not complain if Porter was running again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I can't see her running to be honest, her name comes up regularly but she denies it every time towards the end of the week.
    Tríona is a prominent figure around UL and recently has been seen around C & S, but did she resign from a position in Class Reps a few years ago? Can anyone confirm this? There is potential there, too. I can't see her running to be honest, her name comes up regularly but she denies it every time towards the end of the week. I would not complain if Porter was running again.

She isn't.

• Advertisement

not sure about triona, seems like a back room staff kind of woman.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement