Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic dinner for 2!

Options
  • 09-02-2014 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant in Dublin for dinner midweek. Maybe italian?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant in Dublin for dinner midweek. Maybe italian?

There's no real Italian restaurants in Ireland with the possible exception of Terra Madre.

But for what your looking for there's Toscana in Dame street, nice atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Cafe de Napoli on Westland row is delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

don't know any itallians but the following are favourites of mine:
    Red torch ginger
    FX buckley - Can be pricey but they are amazing and their value menu is very good
    Odessa(the bar lounge is better setting than the restaurant IMO)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Have had friends rave about Terre Madre as well!

It's not quite city centre - but I love Pinocchio in Ranelagh, great homemade pasta and really wonderful staff and chef who will have banter with you... Food wise I've also heard good things about il Vicoletto (but never been) and I like San Lorenzo too but it's more on the cool rather than romantic side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

had anyone been to Darwins? Worth going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Satsuma, I really like and recommend Mamma Mia on Grattan Street.

Eyesight, love Darwins, great steak, surroundings and their early bird is great value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

if blach isnt too far,maximillions is good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Macaris is italian I guess

mac-5-520x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Riskymove wrote: »
    Macaris is italian I guess

mac-5-520x500.jpg

I saw that great deal advertised on facebook.... such a classy idea and venue, I called immediately to make a reservation for valentines.

They do succulent beef burgers, with fresh garnish, finely cut french fries, with a side of garlic, and bottles of fizzy.............. coke.

Alas, they were booked out.

;)

Advertisement