Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best place for gear

• 09-02-2014 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi folks! So iv been away from biking for many years and yesterday bought myself an sv650s to get back in the saddle. Iv got a lid & gloves but the rest of what I had was ether given away or lost over the years so I need to get a jacket, trousers and boots. Anyone any recommendations? Dont want to break the bank and would also consider decent used gear.

Any other places to buy apart from bike world and cotters?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Trip up to the north is well worth it, Crossans in Newry can have some great bargains. And no vat on helmets.....if you know you sizes online will save you money too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

I think ill go try on a load of gear so and get a better idea of sizes and tey online. Does seem to be a huge difference in price

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Try this company iv used them quite a bit and found them great

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/

Very quick delivery aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

http://www.bike-gear.com I find this site super cheap if you use parcel motel is free delivery with spend over twenty five pound. Use code bike14 at checkout for fifteen percent off (Might be expired)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I've always used eBay.co.uk for buying gear and have successfully bagged (in absolutely as-new condition)
    €53 — Buffalo leather jacket with fully removable lining & armour
    €25 — Hein Gericke leather trousers with removable knee armour
    €22 — Spada leather boots, knee-length, not the most fashionable but they do the job.

That's €100 (incl. postage) for stuff costing at least five times that new. It's incredible how many blokes go out on impulse and buy a bike and all the gear, new, and end up flogging it a year later after a handful of rideouts. Your gain... ;)

You just need a bit of time and patience, a good eye for a bargain and (ideally) to use an auction sniper. OK, you might spend a fair bit of time waiting for exactly the auction you want to come in at the right price, but it can be good craic too (and you'd probably spend a fair bit of time travelling to look at stuff in stores). I can't find a link now to the Buffalo jacket but when I won it for £36 or something I was buzzin! :D (this thing weighs like half a stone ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

try motocard.com, cheapest I've found, based in Spain but free delivery if you spend over €60

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Cotters in Ballymount is always worth a look.

Advertisement